RNG Party Games
Based in United States
December 12 2019
$14.99 - Steam
Backspace Bouken is a Japanese-inspired old-school dungeon crawler with a fast-paced typing battle system and ridiculous storyline. Fight monsters by typing their dialogue as you progress through the game and climb the tower. Fast and accurate typing will be rewarded, and maybe you'll even become a better typer!
Backspace Bouken started as a Ludum Dare 42 entry in August 2018. After scoring ~50th place out of 2000 entries, we decided to take the concept and transform it into a full game.
RNG Party Games is a 3-person studio based out of Bloomington, Indiana.
- Fluid typing-based battle system that tells the story as you play.
- Fight a wide variety of enemies and bosses with unique and compelling behaviors and twists.
- Explore numerous floors of a tower in classic first-person dungeon crawling style.
- Solve puzzles and collect passwords and information from your enemies to progress through the game.
- Save NPCs from the tower in a collectathon fashion.
- Get rewards for completing encounters and filling out your map.
Backspace Bouken Beta Trailer YouTube
Backspace Bouken Announcement Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
RNG Party Games allows for the contents of Backspace Bouken to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Backspace Bouken is legally & explicitly allowed by RNG Party Games. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/backspace-bouken/presskit.
About RNG Party Games
We are a small indie company developing our first game, Backspace Bouken.
More information on RNG Party Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.