Grey Alien Games
Based in United Kingdom
April 1 2020
ANCIENT ENEMY is a strategic card game which demands you make constant tactical decisions as you battle enemies and overcome demanding puzzles. You will face a cast of deadly enemies, each one emerging from a world in which evil has already triumphed. You must gather long-lost powers to vanquish evil and fight one last duel against your monstrous nemesis!
A collaboration between Grey Alien Games and Big Robot’s Jim Rossignol, and featuring art by Jen Pattison, this is a project that brings together indie development talent from across the UK. “This is a long-overdue collaboration between myself and Jake,” said Rossignol, “and it's fantastic to be working with Jen, whose art I have admired for years. We’re all having a lovely time.” Additionally, Ancient Enemy is supported by Bithell Games.
- Challenging combat card game
- Equip character to face specific enemies
- Duel your way to the citadel to defeat your ultimate foe
Logo & Icon
- "a collaboration between Grey Alien and Big Robot's Jim Rossignol, includes artwork from illustrator Jen Pattison, and is supported by Thomas Was Alone developer Bithell Games. Which is quite a line up."
- Joe Donelly, PC Gamer
- "Grey Alien make card games—you might have heard of Shadowhand, and Regency Solitaire before it, two games that reside in that period of the past we call 'history'. Ancient Enemy is different, in that it's a sort of post-apocalyptic fantasy pitting your mage protagonist against various evildoers and monsters. But it retains, at heart, the Solitaire-style card-play of the previous titles."
- Tom Sykes, PC Gamer
- "Ancient Enemy offers extensive playtime and is incredibly addictive. Gameplay is varied, combat is satisfying, and loot is always worthwhile, encouraging the player to come back for more. The indie developers behind this project have created a masterful work that is fun for all players and proves that even the humble card game can offer a unique and enjoyable experience."
- Amy Campbell, Escapist Magazine
Grey Alien Games allows for the contents of Ancient Enemy to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Ancient Enemy is legally & explicitly allowed by Grey Alien Games. This permission can be found in writing at https://www.indiedb.com/games/ancient-enemy/presskit.
About Grey Alien Games
An indie developer and publisher of PC games including Ancient Enemy, Shadowhand, Regency Solitaire, and more.
More information on Grey Alien Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.