• Register

3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
Won't Start (Windows 8) (Games : 3089 : Forum : Bug Reports : Won't Start (Windows 8)) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 11 2014 Anchor

I just recently bought 3089 on steam and was excited to play it.

But there was one problem.

I have windows 8 64x and I have reinstalled Java (version 7 45) x32.

So this is what happens, I open up the launcher and put in the things I want. Fullscreen, Vsync, 1600x900 resolution, 24 bpp with anti-alialising disabled.

Yes, I have reinstalled java with no luck.

sorry typo lol,

When I say all about the fullscreen and everything after that I ment to say that it starts up with a black screen for 2 seconds and crashed with no error message

Jan 11 2014 Anchor

Do you see multiple versions of Java in the Uninstall Programs window? If so, please uninstall all versions then reinstall current version. Also ensure you are using the latest version of your video drivers.

Jan 11 2014 Anchor

same problem here, java is up to date, no previous versions of java are installed.
Platform SE binary is the error that i get after a few seconds of black screen.
Are you playing on a HP pavilion dv series too?

Jan 13 2014 Anchor

If you can, try turning off some of 3089's graphic options, like shadows, ambient occlusion, etc.

Jan 13 2014 Anchor

@autohost, Um no, I have an updated version of java and there is no other outdated version of java. Yes, my drivers are updated and when I tried minimizing everything in the launcher it didnt work either.

@jake3141 I didnt get any error message. All I get is a black screen for 2 seconds and the game and the launcher breaks and shuts down. No I dont have a HP pavilion dv series, I have an Inspirion 660.

I forgot to add: I have windows 8.1

Jan 14 2014 Anchor

What kind of video card do you have? If it is an Intel HD chipset, those are unsupported and often cause the problems you describe :(

Feb 14 2014 Anchor

Same problem here. Bought the game a couple minutes ago and i can't play it. Black screen then crash. I have win 8.1 installed. Plz fix this problem, i really want to play this awesome game!

Feb 16 2014 Anchor

Don't worry, happens to Windows 7 too...

Mar 11 2014 Anchor

Many a time, useless files, spyware and junk files find their way into your system even without you being aware of it. Salution is that you need to use Krojam Cleaner for Speed up your pc.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.