• Register

3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
3089 Update: Improved Inventory Interface! (Games : 3089 : Forum : Annoucements : 3089 Update: Improved Inventory Interface!) Locked
Thread Options
Dec 17 2013 Anchor

Hey all,

Thanks to feedback from the artist @ Swawa3d.com, 3089 got some usability improvements. Take a look at how the item descriptions look now:

Things are much better organized & aligned, making it much easier to read. A "damage per second" value has been added to weapons, which should make comparisons easier. Finally, the box will follow the mouse cursor, and not always be centered on the screen.

I've also "capped" the size of the user interface, so players with high resolution displays won't see the interface stretched across the screen.

The other change you may notice is an option for "Jump Control" in the input configuration section. This will allow you to hold down the jump key to control the height of your jump. This option defaults to "off", which was the behavior before this update. Read about the rest of the updates here: 3089game.wordpress.com

Preparing for an early January release on Steam! I'm also gathering Steam keys to send to current owners, just as I did with 3079.

OK, back to work!
- Phr00t

Edited by: Phr00t

Dec 18 2013 Anchor

I like it, looks nice and clean, and being able to see the DPS at a glance makes things easier, too.

Dec 18 2013 Anchor

Awesome! Keep up the great work.

Dec 19 2013 Anchor

Looking gorgeous :D I go offline for a couple of weeks after a computer upgrade (ugh, too many things to download lol), and I come back to find... well... amazement and wonder. Well done as ever

Dec 21 2013 Anchor

Pretty good update for the most part. Everything is looking quite nice indeed.

The bit with the water though.... that went from "kinda neat" to "hyper annoying" in an instant. With it as it is now, quests should probably not be capable of placing targets underwater, because that's a quest that's almost unwinnable, no matter the type. Cant see, cant shoot, movespeed was low to begin with.... no point in going in it, really. Attacking anything in it is suicide. Currently, it's a mess. I'd actually thought it was glitching out like crazy when I first saw it.

Also I had a strange thing happen when I loaded the game, which is that certain items entirely lost their weight. Seemed very random.

Other than that, no issues yet with the current version.

Dec 22 2013 Anchor

The weight bug should be fixed in v1.0.6, which is out on BMT Micro & awaiting approval on Desura.

Hrm... I watched some players in water having lots of trouble because there was no cover to hide behind in open water, and enemies were hoarding you from far distances. So, I significantly reduced viewing distance to reduce the number of enemies that come after you. I didn't change the movespeed underwater.. I only limited viewing distance and projectile range in hopes of making it easier to survive. Sounds like that isn't working out as planned for you, though... :|

Dec 24 2013 Anchor

Phr00t wrote: The weight bug should be fixed in v1.0.6, which is out on BMT Micro & awaiting approval on Desura.

Hrm... I watched some players in water having lots of trouble because there was no cover to hide behind in open water, and enemies were hoarding you from far distances. So, I significantly reduced viewing distance to reduce the number of enemies that come after you. I didn't change the movespeed underwater.. I only limited viewing distance and projectile range in hopes of making it easier to survive. Sounds like that isn't working out as planned for you, though... :|

I'm thinking it's somewhat dependant on the situation (and the player). If it was just one normal robot, I could still probably take him out, albeit with very badly aimed shots (as my aim isnt exactly very good to start with, hah), but... when missions send me in there to either pick one bot out of a big group, or fight a spiderbot, that's when the problems start. The spiderbot in particular just immediately erased me once I got close enough to attack it. Fighting one of those up close, usually not the best idea, I've noticed.

As for the movespeed, yeah, I know, it was always kinda low to start with. I usually used ships to move around under there faster if I needed to. Another good use for the construction tool.

Oddly, I had never really had the issues you mention with water before this update. The only tough part was trying to protect an allied NPC down there, since they're not exactly the brightest bulbs.

Dec 27 2013 Anchor

I liked the water change. I feel pretty safe in water since, and I don't feel that the movement speed is that low either.
But trying to spot ghosts under water is a true pain, they are almost invisible on ground and completely invisible under water for me.

Dec 29 2013 Anchor

Robjer wrote:
But trying to spot ghosts under water is a true pain, they are almost invisible on ground and completely invisible under water for me.

Another facet, on that count, is that monitor quality has a huge impact on ghost visibility. A quarter to a good third of my monitor has pretty bad backlight bleed--keeping things dark but inverting the dark colors on top of that--meaning that when I'm aiming at ghosts they are juuuuuuust barely visible. And I really mean just barely. (Standard distance from my monitor they are invisible, when my face is half the distance they're a bit more visible. Boo crap screen.) I have to sight a couple times to make sure I'm aiming at the right spot, and if it's not timed properly then they've moved and I have to adjust the shot for the new spot.

Edited by: RiderofDark

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.