• Register

3089 is a futuristic, procedurally generated, open-world action role-playing game. All terrain, enemies, weapons, items, quests & more are uniquely generated. You are a promising robotic android design, made by the Overlord, placed on planet Xax. Your performance in common combat, support & intel scenarios is being closely watched. However, will you become too much for them to handle? What else on planet Xax exists that the Overlord doesn’t know about?

Forum Thread
3089 Modding Rules (Games : 3089 : Forum : Community Contributions : 3089 Modding Rules) Post Reply
Thread Options
Jun 13 2013 Anchor

3089 is a modifiable Java JAR file. You should be able to open up the JAR file & modify code and graphics. I love game mods & I encourage others to mod my game and share their creations. However, I do ask you follow a few rules:

• Mods should only be compatible with the full game
  • You can distribute your mod as long as it doesn't distribute the full game
  • Textures & other mods should be original work and not violate any copyrights

Happy modding :)

Oct 5 2013 Anchor

can you make Tutorial on how to do this please :P
also is there server files that can be modded ?

Edited by: rizuh

Dec 27 2013 Anchor

I've modded a couple of textures, mainly made them higher resolution. And I modded the "Cartoon" shader since I didn't like the black lines, even thou I saw a lot of other people liked it. (I never liked it in Badlands either.)

Being able to mod a game extends it's life, at least for me. The "Elder Scrolls" series of games are probably the once I've spent absolutely the most time on. Probably 50% playing and 50% modding :P

Next I'm going to try modding the guns. You said they where made from the bitmap.

Edited by: Robjer

Dec 27 2013 Anchor

I'm curious to see your mods!

Also, you can turn off the cartoon shader in the effects options.

Jan 13 2014 Anchor

Is there any mean to mod this game other than by reverse engineering the code?

Jan 14 2014 Anchor

pboechat wrote: Is there any mean to mod this game other than by reverse engineering the code?

For some smaller "mods" like re-skins, all you'd need to do would be to edit the appropriate .png files. For changes to models, additions to the game or changes to the game mechanics you'd probably need some Java experience, but like most games there's a fair bit you could "recycle" - you'd be amazed what you could make by taking one bit of code within an obvious area and copy/pasting it into another area (or a copy of another area).

A few ideas off the top of my head: An item that works as an "energy shield" by giving a 100% chance to reflect incoming fire (taken from the sword/dagger bonus) when active; a version of the decoy spawner that instead summons an entity like a meteor or lightning bolt instead of the decoy; a "shotgun" weapon which is essentially a rifle with guaranteed multishot (5-15 bullets for example), lower spread, and capped to low reload speed; a "telescope" item that uses the zooming.scope code from rifle scopes and the "extra info" you get from a radar station... there's plenty of room to start small :D

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.