• Register

3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
Lots of Lag on 2.18.12 (Games : 3079 : Forum : Bug Reports : Lots of Lag on 2.18.12) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 21 2013 Anchor

As I try to explore the world and move into previously explored areas (even places in my view distance), I get massive amounts of lag. I've tried allocating more memory to Java, but that hasn't changed a thing. Any suggestions?

Specs:
Intel i-5 (2.3GHz)
8 Gigs RAM
1 GB VRAM (AMD RADEON 6770)

Edit:
I think the problem is the game is unloading chunks from the memory when I move out of view distance, so when I move back in it is reloading them. Is there a way I can get it to hold the world render data in the RAM longer?

Edited by: drty_muffin

Feb 22 2013 Anchor

Did you have this problem in any previous versions, or is this the first version you have played? I haven't made any changes to the way chunks are loaded or unloaded & I haven't noticed your problems in any testing... loading chunk data from the hard drive (which does get cached via the operating system & hardware), should be pretty quick (and it runs in a different thread, so it shouldn't cause lag on the rendering thread). You could try changing some of the settings on the main menu, like using Full Rendering instead of Partial (which actually does more chunk processing to reduce polygon count). Your hardware sounds plenty fast enough to run 3059, so something else must be going on here...

Feb 22 2013 Anchor

I don't seem to recall the previous version running like this, but I didn't play it for long before updating. I have tried it on highest settings and lowest settings with no difference.

It may also help to know that I am running it on my laptop, so I have "switchable graphics". Do you think it might be possible that the game is not recognizing my Radeon and is running instead through my integrated graphics card?

Is there any debugging/ log file that might help diagnose it?

EDIT:
Also, I really love the game despite the lag. And serious props for also running tech support.

I found what seems to be a fix. If I go into the map and pan around a whole lot it loads a bunch of the map and I stop having the lag (though it lags as I pan the map). I've only tried this once, but I'll edit this post if I find it works again.

Edited by: drty_muffin

Feb 23 2013 Anchor

If your laptop was using the slower graphics card, I'd expect a lower frame rate in general... not particular lag loading new chunks.

That sounds like an odd fix & for an odd problem... unless something was very wrong with your hard drive read & write performance :P But hey, if it works, it works, right?

Edited by: Phr00t

Feb 23 2013 Anchor

Phr00t wrote: If your laptop was using the slower graphics card, I'd expect a lower frame rate in general... not particular lag loading new chunks.

That sounds like an odd fix & for an odd problem... unless something was very wrong with your hard drive read & write performance :P But hey, if it works, it works, right?

It sure is! But whatever. Great game. Thanks for getting back with me!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.