• Register

3079 is a futuristic, open-world action first-person role playing game. You arrive on a planet experiencing constant war. It is your duty to find out why the warring factions cannot find peace on their own & hopefully restore it yourself. All areas, buildings, items, quests and characters are randomly generated. You will find unique lands & challenges. I hope you enjoy it! "Just want to say again that this is a great game! For those of you who feel like its a minecraft copy just beacuse of the cube textures used you really need to rethink what a game is about! The game play of 3079 is nothing like minecraft it is pretty unique as well as how the weapons all have diffrent stats and colors kind of reminds me of Borderlands. However it is still an original idea for a game and i still play it from time to time. You should at least try the demo and if you like it please buy it and support fruit! :D Still give it a 9/10 ! Best Regards, Adam" -- SeaNanners Sequel @ 3089game.wordpress.com

Forum Thread
3089 Sequel (Games : 3079 : Forum : Announcements : 3089 Sequel) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 9 2012 Anchor

Hey all,

The sequel to 3079, 3089, was a success on KickStarter (Kickstarter.com)!

3089's homepage is now up & accepting pre-orders: 3089game.wordpress.com

Here is a more detailed list of what is different in the upcoming 3089 game: 3089game.wordpress.com

Here is a development preview -- much more on the website!

- Phr00t

Edited by: Phr00t

Dec 4 2012 Anchor

Looks awesome. I decided to come by here and see what's new and I find this. Going to preorder it =D. Is it pretty much 3079 with better graphics?

Dec 4 2012 Anchor

There will be quite a few changes to 3089 -- I want it to be more focused and deep gameplay. For instance, questing will be made up of individual tasks instead of one quest type. I'm also making all weapons and items based on parts & adding dynamic lighting. I'm expanding stealth & melee combat. To make "room" for this deeper gameplay, I'm going to be removing construction, terrain destruction & general multiplayer (although I will likely put a 2-player co-op on the to-do list) -- take a look at the KickStarter page & the homepage for more information -- but I'm glad to answer any questions about it here :)

In summary, 3089 is going to be more like Fallout 3 (futuristic quests) / Borderlands (lots of random items) / Crysis (open-world sandbox) / Deus Ex (RPG elements will special powers), and less like Minecraft. :P

Dec 4 2012 Anchor

Cool. Loved 3079 so I'm sure I'll love this as well, just bought it. Can't wait :).

*Quick edit: Is there going to be bases and the similar which are in 30779?

Edited by: MPQC

Dec 4 2012 Anchor

I haven't worked out all those details, but I do have buildings (which you can see in videos on the homepage). I'll likely have more heavily populated areas... although, one thing I struggled with in 3079 was filling the buildings with interesting stuff -- so, I don't want to recreate the same problem in 3089. I do plan on having more things in buildings & the ability to "rent" out a building yourself -- so there will be more chances for interesting stuff to do with them :)

Mar 7 2013 Anchor

Hmmm, i was hoping you would have expanded the building and destruction. That is the only reason I tolerated the ugly graphics in 3079 and minecraft.
I got the demo, and the way the robots walk is really neat.
Sad to say I am going to stop buying this series after 3079, I was hoping you where going to make some sort of enhanced building.

I am glad i read this before I bought it. I guess I will buy StarForge instead tonight.

Mar 7 2013 Anchor

Actually, change of plans!

3089 *is* getting building features! Once I found this great new & unique way of building (not based on cubes), it fit right in perfectly!

3089game.wordpress.com

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.