• Register
Forum Thread
Antumbra 2: Chant of Ash (Forums : Pimpage & Posing : Antumbra 2: Chant of Ash) Locked
Thread Options
Vilehead
Vilehead Sleeper Agent
Jun 2 2015 Anchor

Hello my friends and fellow devs. I've been here before, some time ago. I've been bent and broken. And scared as hell. Trying to publish my very first game. A unique game made out of my nightmares, fears, madness and misery. And you've been good to me. You treated me well. So I stand before you, once again. But as a stranger - no more. I've matured and grew up. I took the beating. Dealt with trolls, haters, flammers. I've read and replied to hundreds of emails and messages. Replied to each and every review of my game that has been ever writen. I've took at all the feedback, both good and bad. Made hell load of notes and notices. I've been in Top10 on IndieDB. And I still em - from time to time. When FNAF minions are sleeping hehehe (we all gain +5 rank when that happends, right? :P ).

It was and is a great pleasure and honor to be with you. To collaborate. To write and read all those messages. I've met such a wondeful people in here. The greatest of our kind. Skiled, talented yet humble.

I know hahahaha - this sounds like some sort of text-base foreplay :PP No, no, no. Its not. I actually mean it. Those of you, who had the chance to know me better - you guys know I am an "honesty freak". Which is sometimes good and sometimes... not really. I don't bite my tongue. I always say what I think. Regardless of the result.

With your awesome support. Your friendship... Something new had happend.
Antumbra, is a closed chapter. Theres really not much to add to it. I would like to move forward. This time - for real. All out, full power, with flash and fireworks. I want to make something more then just a sewer of my sorrow. This time, not being lazy. This time - using all the skills and talents, all the knowledge and expirience I've managed to obtain - to its limits and beyond.

I have something for you to share. And I would like to hear what do you think about it...
Did I did good? :)

Check the signature for more! :D

Edited by: Vilehead

--

Super Star Panda

Jun 2 2015 Anchor

Well you did do really good! Epic trailer (and I love the soundtrack soo much *-*)

Really curious on how this works out and what the game will look like. Also great to upload it to Steam, you'll get loads of new players there. Will it cost somethin or just be free 2 play like the 1st game?

Hope you are doing well - oh and don't forget the hate while working on your game :P

Worked out really good for Antumbra 1 and hate is never bad in a totally freaked-out themed game :D

Vilehead
Vilehead Sleeper Agent
Jun 2 2015 Anchor

Thank you! It was the first time that ive made a dynamic NON-ambient soundtrack. And jesus - what a pain in the ass is to produce a combat music O_O
Composing the melody and setting up the pacing is a nightmare. Those Combat tracks are about 1-2minutes long. But it took me around 5h to make one.

Also, someone raised something to my attention. To put it bluntly: that there is no gameplay in the video.
There actually is. Confused? Let me explain.

Imagine a painting. A beautiful painting. Now, please imagine you take a step, and then another... And you walk in. Into the painting. Literally. The middle part of the trailer - is the gameplay. But without animations and interface (sorry, I need to make them soon, but at the same time - I am so busy with the Greenlight and the IndieGoGo and they are not rolling as good as I hoped they will :( ).

The bottomline is - THAT is the game. Those are not fancy wallpapers or artworks. What you see here is what you will see - inside. As a player. Imagine if the whole world... Would be a painting. But a painting that is alive. Its not static. It lives, moves, breathe. And you are inside. In the world, on the other side of canvas. Aaand well - practically everything tries to kill you :D After all - this IS a horror game.

The game will run on all desktops, and will cost around 9.99$
I think that for a newcomer as me - setting the price anywhere higher then 10$ would be a risk.
Plus, i believe one can make more money selling more for less rather then less for a lot.

--

Super Star Panda

Jun 2 2015 Anchor

I can really imagine who stressful it is to organize all the sites all alone. Actually doing everything all alone. I am really impressed by how you do that - it's basically a whole community that relies on you to bring out a new even better game.

Anyways, again I am really curious how the finished game looked like (I'd willingly beta-test your game again - if you'd like me to do so). The price sounds good too, I am sure you'll find yourself really quickly in the top Greenlight games on Steam after release! :)

Vilehead
Vilehead Sleeper Agent
Jun 2 2015 Anchor

Thank you Phoenix :)
Sadly... Things are not as good as I thought.
IndieGoGo campaign, which I advertise as much as I can i really not rasing a lot of money. And if IGG fails - there won't be any game at all.

On the other hand - situation on Greenlight is not so "green" too.
dfgie
As you see - the traffic is there. But for some reason people are voting strongly against :(
And I don't really get that. I see so many... well, garbage being posted on greenlight daily. And it has thusands of UpVotes and a high ratio.
Yet here, with all my supports flowing in to help me - we are still outnumbered by... i dont know who.

Ive also had a talk with some Greenlight veteran and it appears that... thos DownVotes... are our fellow developers.
He said that its quite typical. What i had to endure couple of months ago on Kongregate, is here 10 times stronger.

Thats why when there is soo many DownVotes - no one is complaining. Whcih is weird. Because if you dont like something - the first thingn you do is come and say it out loud. Its the opposite that is problematic. People who support you but are too shy or just forget to comment and back their actions with their words.

Regardless - i really did my best i could. Ive put my whole self in. Into that graphics and videos. And its not enough.

--

Super Star Panda

Jun 2 2015 Anchor

Dude your campaign on IGG is published for only 23 hours and you already got 140$. You can't expect to get all the money after 3 hours, it takes it time and you aill definitely raise most of the money.

And yeah Greenlight is a difficult topic. You have to rely on your people. I voted for you in any case!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.