• Register
Forum Thread
4x4 EVO and 4x4 EVO 2 - questions (Forums : PC Gaming : 4x4 EVO and 4x4 EVO 2 - questions) Locked
Thread Options
May 17 2022 Anchor

Hello, I'm new to this forum and it seems like the place to be for my questions.

1. I'm using the 4x4 EVO Essentials Mod, and it works great (Windows 10 x64)

Indiedb.com

2. I also have 4x4 EVO 2 installed. I can run the races no problems, but changing races, getting into and out of the game and various areas of the game, takes forever. I need a 4x4 EVO 2 Essentials mod for this game.

This is my system...

Windows 10 Home (21H2) x64

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
ASUS Pro WS X570-ACE
EVGA 08G-P4-2171-KR Geforce RTX 2070
G.Skill (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 (F4-3200C14D-16GTZKW)
COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler (push/pull)

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB,
WD 4TB Black FZBX - SATA III,
WD 8TB Black FZBX - SATA III,
PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W

DELL Ultrasharp U3011, 30" monitor

Microsoft Precision 2 joystick

On 4x4 EVO 1 with the Essentials mod, I can get in and out of the game and switch to different areas of the game in seconds (1-2 sec).

I need a similar solution for 4x4 EVO 2 v2.0.1.0 downloaded years ago from vales.com

3. The only other question at this time is concerning the horsepower for the Chevy Race SUV ($850,000) in 4x4 EVO 1

Back in the day, before the necessity of the Essentials Mod, I had the Chevy Race SUV running at approx. 1600 HP, just using game bought parts and a bit of fiddling with the Metal.ini file. In short... I enabled parts without the necessary prerequisites.

Since applying the Essentials Mod, it seems that my horsepower is topped out at 1250 HP. While this is plenty fast enough, it makes it impossible to beat my old hotlaps and fastlap times. So I'm also looking for a way to 'adjust" the horsepower, back to the original 1600 HP. Registry edits are OK, as are 4x4 EVO 1 file edits.

I can't seem to find where the horsepower value is stored.

Any and all help would be appreciated. :)

Edited by: Ghott

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.