This release doesn't bring anything really new, except for the usual bug fixes, and the addition of a mod.
With beta 5 we bring you:
- the New Team War (NTW) mod by Delphino got included.
- Healthy droids should no longer smoke (bad for your health...).
- Reordering of the main menu: Skirmish is now moved to Single Player where it belongs.
- Fix the path finding of droids, which got broken in beta 4.
We also have several (other) bug fixes. For the full list of changes, see the change log.
The known issues from beta 4 remain. In addition to these issues, due to the way how beta 4 broke path finding, save games made with beta 4 can not be loaded by beta 5 and any subsequent 2.1 releases. Note, however, that the current development trunk (which will become 2.2 eventually) is still capable of loading save games from both 2.1 beta 4 and 2.1 beta 5.
The full list of known issues:
- Save games from the 2.0 series can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We do not intend to "fix" this, as we are breaking compatibility with the previous save game format.)
- The multi player code has been improved since beta 2, but running out of sync is still possible.
- The game in general still aborts a lot in debug builds due to failed assertions.
- Save games from 2.1 beta 4 (that, and only that version), can not be loaded with this version. (NOTE: We cannot fix this because the beta 4 save games miss information we need.)