Version 0.16 of Vox contains a lot of new features and added gameplay, most notable is the questing system and the added monsters in the world. These two features will be heavily added to and iterated now that they are in the game.
- Add X360 gamepad support, much more fluid movements.
- Add absolute player movement, player no longer has to ALWAYS face forwards with camera.
- Player death text/screen on the HUD when the player dies. A quick simple button to respawn.
- Player now has proper respawn position, always resets to this position when respawning.
- Enemies in the world added. (At the moment, just slimes)
- Test NPC added to the world.
- Talking to the NPC by facing towards the NPC and pressing attack.
- NPCs now look at player when they are interacting (talking) with the player.
- NPC Speech management system added, ability to accept of refuse quests.
- Quest objective tracking when killing monsters in the world.
- Quest completion logic added.
- Overhead marker status on NPCs now changes depending on quest status - exlamation mark, question mark, none.
- Added fully dynamic question system. (No hard coded quest values)
- NPCs now give you quests when they have an ! mark above their heads.
- Killing enemies will update the quest objective text on the right hand side.
- When all objectives are complete, return to the NPC with the ? mark above their head.
- Fade in and out the quest text when we open the inventory/particle editor.
- Add experience bar to the HUD.
- Get experience when killing monsters.
- Add Debug Camera toggle to options menu (Press G to enable debug camera) Arrow keys and mouse to move the DEBUG camera
- Add Pause toggle to options menu (Press L to pause/unpause)
- Add 'remove GUI' toggle to options menu, for better screenshot taking.
- Disable lighting in the creation mode rendering, so light doesnt affect edit mode.
- Reduce the max draw distance size in the options menu.
- Change over all the voxel sprite file extensions to .vox now instead of .txt
- Dont allow knockbacks to push the player or enemies into active blocks in the world.
- Inventory character render now has properly mirrored hands and feet.
- Wand/staff attacking now hits and damages enemies.
- start/Stop wand attacking when using the gamepad.
- Inventory now uses the block sprite manager to re-use already loaded sprites, saves memory.
Oh nice :D When will we be getting an enemy editor?