Play as the noble Ural Guard, the proud communes of Orenburg, the dastardly Dirlewanger Brigade, or the scheming Lysenko of Magnitogorsk in this exciting demo from the New Order team!
- Added intro events for all four nations
- Various loc fixes
- Fixed icons overlaying over the events
- Fixed starting screen shading
- Ending slides for other nations should no longer fire for yours
- Start of tech screen rework, still WIP of course
- Numerous misc fixes across the board to small and with shitty enough git commit messages to mention
- Overhauled some start screen stuff
- Various new events
- Marlib description fixed
- Focus times are now 40 days instead of 39
- 'Children of Vorkutas' turned into the singular
- New recruitment system
- Added unification with Orenburg decision
- Made Burba defeat / Malenkov exile more rare
- Burba no longer dies, instead he will be imprisoned and his political career destroyed
- Centralization now shows the variable
- URL.52 now has full loc
- Changed all bananas to shoes in solidarity with the Central American Worker's Party
- Malenkov's 'Dizzy with Success' focus now fires the correct event, preventing an infinite loop
- Orenburg now has more chances to gain PP without penalty
- Malenkov winning the brawl decentralizes instead of centralizes
- Beginning Orenburg focus fixed
- Market Opening now has the correct GFX
- Added unification with Ural League decision
- Added a new focus if Lysenko takes Bashkortostan about reeing at him
- Dirly can no longer trade manpower for organization when he has 0 manpower
- Lysenko can no longer be more sane than 100% sane, who knew that a crazed scientist trying to make Captain Communism isn't stable
- Lysenko sanity goes down faster
- Added decision to recruit locally
- NKVD influence no longer gets removed instantly
- Fixed repeated focus loc
- Decisions from the previous tree do not carry over to the secret path anymore
- Indonesia, Yemen, Oman, Algeria and Wales now has their leader portraits
- Denver and Minneapolis have been blessed with culture, something unrealistic but necessary for consistency
- Bormann will no longer lay claim to rightful German soil in LA and SF
- African nations now lose the bombing idea
- Goering now uses the correct portrait
- Ostland now has correct colors
- Ostland Civil War now happens instead of the leader just being decided
- Ostland Civil War world events
- African recolonization world events
- The monarchy of Nicaragua has been overthrown
- Various new portraits
- Fixed bad population in places
- Broke up Swiss culture. Next up is breaking the Swiss
- American elections freedomized, making Wallace win less
- Croatian politics changes
- Wallace now leads the far right NPP
- Australia leader change
- Madagaskar Civil War is in
- Solved the Israeli-Palestinian conflict by giving Nazareth Israeli culture. Eat your heart out UN
- Added Karakalpak and Kyrgyz culture
- Poland correctly now actually gives itself Polish names after killing all the Germans
- English Civil War event
- Cornwall no longer claims ownership of its biggest fuckup and as a result the Cornish Civil War is now the English Civil War
- Japan world events
- The DSR now steals Speer's troops. Will add the possibility of the DSR starting a CW in Speer's faction instead at some point
- Removed copyrighted music
- Removed unused event pics just taking up space
- Removed unused flags just taking up space
- Possible Mac fixes that probably won't fucking work because there is no God
- Raids no longer only give food
- Flipped diplomacy tabs
- Super events fixed
- End slide logic reworked, slides should be fixed by the next patch if not already
- Fixed placement of weather icons in the country state view
World War II has been over for twenty years, but its legacy still lives on. The German Reich reigns supreme from the Atlantic sea to the once great city of Moscow, ruling Europe with an iron fist. Thousands live and die every day under German tyranny, yearning for a freedom that may never come.
But all is not well in the Reich.
Hitler lays on his deathbed even as the first German raumsonaut lands on the moon, and already the vultures pick at his corpse. Albert Speer, Martin Bormann, Hermann Göring and Reinhard Heydrich each prepare to take power in the Reich, and the world waits with baited breath for the storm that is surely coming. Outside of the Reichstag in the supercity of Germania, partisans prepare for their final struggle, and Heinrich Himmler plots to bring the world to the edge from his spartanist utopia in the Ordenstaat of Burgundy.
Across the seas, the United States gathers allies to prevent the fall of democracy in the world, struggling to contain its own politics long enough to tear up the treaties that had ended the second World War. In Asia, the Japanese Empire groans under the weight of rivals within as well as without, as a hundred different cultures struggle and year for their own freedoms.
The world seems to be on the brink. Will it survive to see a new millennium, or is this the beginning of the end?
The New Order: Old World Blues is a demo for the Hearts of Iron IV mod, The New Order: Last Days of Europe. This demo contains the following features, a small taste of what is to come in the final game:
This demo is just a glimmer of the future, a thank you note and love letter to all of those who have followed our project so eagerly for the last five years of development. The New Order: Last Days of Europe is one of the most ambitious mods for Hearts of Iron IV ever created, and on release you will be able to experience:
The demo itself will get several content updates. Namely to finish the interface, which on release is currently not completely finished. Expect this within the week.
To install the mod, simply unzip the folder and move both the folder and the .mod into your C:\Users\\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod folder. Enjoy!
While we strove to polish the demo release, there is no doubt there are still plenty of bugs waiting to be discovered. Pleasle report any here: Github.com
Please contain all bug reports to that link. The mod can not be downloaded from there currently, but this may become possible in the future.
Our Discord can be found here: Discord.gg
Please read our rules and enjoy our community of over 4,000 people!
We have possibly the largest TV Tropes page for any game mod out there! Find it here: Tvtropes.org
Our Reddit can likewise be found at: Reddit.com
Our Alternatehistory.com page can be found here: Alternatehistory.com
Our ParadoxPlaza thread can be found here: Forum.paradoxplaza.com
The New Order team does not have a single Patron, as we can not justify taking money and claiming it is for the mod when the mod has no major expenses. However, several individual members of the team use crowd-funding, and you can feel free to support any of us at your leisure.
4MuthaRussia, Admiral Ackbar, African Warlord, Agent Paste, akliyen, Alexmikli, Asratius, Baldrick, baronvonbread, BFKelleher, Bomber Harris, Braqish, bread!, Calph, camtastrophe, Carmain, carvor, charlesthe50th, Cheeti, Cherios, Comrade Doggo, ComradeFox, CPR, DanTheHTGMan, deathgriffin, Debbel, Director Krennic, DocOverbuild3, Dogs231, Dont at me, doodger, DreadGrunt, Drozdovite, Elizabeth II, empona45, EndOfEntropy, Exocamp, Fluffy56547, Führer Hermann Göring, GC_Prisoner, GötterDämmerung, GreatSalmon, Grestin, Gunnar Von Pontius, Guss, Hadaril, Halv, HellHound, HerrBismarck, Heusmann, Indyclone77, Internetismean, John Ronald Hunter Danson , Jungle Rat, Juul aid man the return, Karrister, Kracc, Kristina Yukino, KrYuInquisitor, Lancewielder, Lazergaz, Legochiel, LeonG17, Leon Thotsky, Lilly, LiontheLeon, Lord Viruscide, Lucia, LZeroOne, Magnimik, mango, Miura, Morriña, motharchoddar, mupper, Nekronion, NuclearWaffles, Oswald, Pacifica, Paduuva, PunkRadio, Ramkoe, RandomWriter, RedReflect, S.P.Q.R, Saladin, Senshi, Shepard, Shibboleth98, Shizophren, Sinø, Spuddatomic, Stallone, Stannis, TaxHarbinger, ThePinkPanzer, therealtoddhoward, Thunderslav, Tiberium, timbothy, tinyds, Theaaman2, uncountablyInfinite, urdnot, Valrin, Verlax, Victory143, Vltava, Wendell08, Xugador, and Yard1.