This game is an illusional fantasy action rpg / visual novel about the player getting sucked into a book and becoming the playing character. In the world of Garnas there has never been any record of magic use, but your unexplained arrival there heralds in a new era, one of magic, and you are unknowingly paving the way.
The Mana Well is now in the evening stages of development, targeting the windows and android platforms. and this is the windows 8+ version demo.
An illusional fantasy action rpg / visual novel combination game about the player getting sucked into a book and becoming the playing character.
In the world of Garnas there has never been any record of magic use, but your unexplained arrival there heralds in a new era, one of magic, and you are unknowingly paving the way.
4/30/18 new gameplay video, quests in chapter 1 now complete!UPDATE 4/18/18
The last week and a half has been spent doing quite a bit to the game, and now the final demo version is out!
As well as windows 8+ and android I also have created a pre windows 8 version.
- All controller positions and alignment with virtual buttons fixed for all screen sizes on Android
- You now start with all status ailments and 3/4 full hit points and $50,000 so if you run into the first town before the monster gets you you can go into the hospital and check out the heal menu which lets you cure any or all of your ailments and health, and the item/accessory shop and the weapons/armor shop.
- All shops are finished and working to buy or sell your stuff, NOTE you cannot sell (or buy) your original sword blade. You can sell all the other original parts to it tho (when the game is released you will only have the blade and will have to find/buy the other parts in order to craft it)
- All menus are done and menu bugs fixed
- All cave backgrounds and some other backgrounds fixed/improved/aligned
- All chapters are implemented and go by map area, you can tell when you have changed chapters because the music/background noise will change
- Tutorial house complete, in most towns head for the large house to talk to any of the 4 tutorialists that live there
- All main npc's have some sort of conversation with you, most are the same except the first town Swellwater.
- You can now rent or return a rented boat from any of the 4 boat docks in the overworld
Things to do to complete and release the game:
- Make all items and magic do their job, currently heal and cure magic work, heal and magic potion work.
- need to implement 50% magic increase if staff is equipped
- need to make certain monsters give you status effects, and spells give monsters status effects
- Finish the rest of the VN pages (the book pages will include maps when you receive them from treasure or npcs, Maps finished, overworld map implemented upon visiting the town historian in the tutorial house)
- Quests: 7/28 quests finished
- Story line: 1/2 way finished
- Bosses: 6 minor boss fights finished, 1st main dude fight completed
- Cut scenes
Please check it out as it's the final demo and there will be no more updates to it (unless some horrible bug is found) and will be fully released in a month or 2 max, I need your input to succeed in making this a great game, Thanks!