2.2.1 is here! Squashing bugs and adding features, this full release may be installed standalone or as a patch over your existing SRB2 install folder. Your save files from 2.2.0 will still be valid.
Video with some noteworthy changes:
(Detailed changelog here)
- Shadows have been added to the game.
- A slew of camera options originally known as the “ficklecam” mod (Made by fickle) from the forums has now been added to the game.
- Added the “Simple” play style, which automatically orientates the camera. It may prove easier for players using controllers.
- OpenGL batch files are included in this package.
- GIFs may be recorded under OpenGL.
- The renderer may now be changed while in game.
- Players now only uncurl from a ball after hitting the ground when using the Elemental Shield’s ability. This means you can break those monitors under the goop in THZ2!
- Added sixteen angle sprite support.
- Fixed the Fire Shield being extinguished by lava.
- Adjusted Tails’ flight to discourage mashing the jump button.
- Players no longer slide off polyobjects.