The purpose of this mod is to make the Rimworld Westernization Project compatible with Combat Extended.
The purpose of this mod is to make the Rimworld Westernization Project compatible with Combat Extended. To this end, this mod adds authentic 19th century black powder ammunition for all firearms added by the Rimworld Westernization Project. All ammunition and firearms have been painstakingly researched for historical accuracy, and each have realistic stats based on actual black powder ballistics converted with Combat Extended's own formula system.
Black powder ammunition added by this mod includes:
- 32-20 Winchester
- 44-40 Winchester
- .44 Henry
- 45-70 Government
- .45 Colt
- 50-70 Government
- 50-90 Sharps
- 12 Gauge
- .69 caliber musket ball
In addition, since several of these ammo types are shared between both revolvers and rifles, all shared ammunition types have been calculated separately for realism. For example, this means that a 44-40 Winchester round shot from a Winchester Model 1873 rifle will have a much higher velocity than the same round shot from a Colt Frontier Six-Shooter revolver.
All weapons, artillery, and apparel have also been converted for use with Combat Extended.
1. All black powder ammunition will be designated in-game with a (BP) in the name.
2. All ammunition added by this mod are specific to the Rimworld Westernization Project. Therefore, RWP guns will not use similar ammo types included in other mods (.45 Colt, 12 gauge, ect.), and vice-versa.
3. If the black powder ammunition seems somewhat underpowered compared to modern smokeless powder ammunition, it's because it is. The idea behind this mod was to have these guns perform the way they historically would have in the 1800s. Black powder is a less efficient propellant than modern smokeless powder. Therefore, since all the stats are based on actual black powder ballistics, the performance of the guns and ammunition reflect that fact.
Suggested Load Order:
2. Rimworld Westernization Project
3. Combat Extended
4. Rimworld Westernization Project + Combat Extended Compatibility Mod
5. Steam World (Optional: Use if you want to give your game a 19th century setting).
If you have any feedback or ideas, please feel free to leave me a comment on the Steam Workshop or the Ludeon Forums.
*Credits and Acknowledgements*
- Sprite Art: Stinkycat752, JackeryFox, and Vindar
- NoImageAvailable, XeoNovaDan, and the rest of the Combat Extended Team. Through tireless effort, they have created the definitive Rimworld combat experience, and it was their guidance and resource documentation that made this mod possible.