A long time in works, i finally decided to release another version, that i had been working on. This one has some serious changes to various aspects of the module 20.8.2022 Fixed the issue with a missing droidette model, my bad
NOTE: At the end of the description, is a instructions on how to get the mod working.
I earlier decided to abandon this mod, but seeing in what miserable state it was left, i was not happy leaving it so. There would still be a ton of work to do, but i feel that if this would be the last ever version, it wouldn't be such a bad thing. It fixes some issues in the game core and provides a lot of changes, most of which i would argue, positive.
Here is a list of most significant changes, it is not a full changelog, because listing every change would leave me here till tomorrow:
- Enabled troop recruitment from home planets (exceptions for species with no proper homeworld)
- Removed patrols
- Added a new battlesystem, courtesy of Earendil
- Bandits and pirates can be hired from Raxus Prime
- Rearranged trade routes (factional trade caravans now only go on set routes, between their own systems, atleast initially)
- Replaced Jawas with Bounty hunters (their dialogs are buggy, just ignore the parties)
- Replaced female face mesh (expect some funky faces, most faces were not adjusted anyhow)
- Restored the rocket launcher item from an older SWC version, it works, but proved too unpredictable to equip for bots
- Starter class overhaul, adds a starter party to most classes
- Replaced older hairstyles with better ones from the osp hair pack- Added back the female darkside corrupted faces and made the eyes glow
- Readded some 1 handed melee animation stances
- Removed the force jump ability, player can now perform combat rolls to front or sides, by pressing ctrl + direction, this ability is unlocked by assigining points into athletics, 3, i think(?)
- Removed the need to hold down mouse to fire accurately, a click is now enough, to achieve about 90% accuracy, for full accuracy, holding down LMB is still necessary. This also limits firing speed, as an side effect
- Fixed the bank deposit interest rate
- Lords respawn much, much later than before. You should not see someone for 3 weeks after handing his buttcheeks to him
- Increased renown gain from winning tournaments
- Made lords more likely to launch siege assaults, even when odds are stacked against them (they are suicidally aggressive, as opposed to being rather passive before)
- Buffed the skill gain from reading books from one point to 2
- Decreased chance of being given a task while following an army on campaign
- Buffed the speed by which bolts are launched from blasters, reduces the amount of drop
- Used an script from Dstn to replace all spacestations with just 3 scenes, sacrificing variety, for functionality
- A number of village scenes were remade, most are still awful
- Included some new clothing, weapons and armors
There is much, much more, but i did not want to list every insignficant change, the rest includes fixes and changes to troops, scene updates, model swaps or replacements, new animations, some experiments with particle systems, yada yada.
Now, in order to play this game, you need the version from this site
Just browse down the page, until you see downloads. In order to activate the game, you need a code, should you have the game via Steam, steam displays you the code every time you start up the game.
Should you not own it, at this exact moment, the game is being sold for dirt cheap, 2.5 Euros
As this mod is based on an old game, it has trouble running on modern systems. Ever more so because of the massively expanded amount of content in the mod, and the size of the files present. As such, it is necessary to use an modified game executable, which i have provided with this download, in the module folder. There is an archive called fixed_exe. You are to use that file, to replace the game executable. That is all you need to do. After the exe has been replaced, you should be good to go.
As to why you can not just use the Steam version, is because Steam does not allow you to modify or replace the game executable, it redownloads it after tampering.
It is unlikely that the mod would run without the modified executable, as the modification done, is an expansion to how much RAM it can access, RAM which is needed, for loading all the files. Even if it would start up, it would be likely to crash frequently. I can not suggest even trying to launch it without using the modified exe.