Here's the Planet Explorers Alpha 0.3. Compared to the 2 alpha versions before, it's much much more mature and game like. It's still alpha though, so there bound to be lots of bugs and undecided designs.
In this version, we've done a lot of work, here's a list (some not included because I forgot):
- LOD 1km view distance voxel terrain
- AI coding structure change
- New grassland species
- New enemy attack behaviors
- Species will attack each other
- Some species will not attack player unless attacked
- New adventure terrain map
- 5+ new materials
- small Forest demo area
- 3 more NPCs with another mission from the main storyline
- 10+ new FX
- Female back in
- Hair changing
- New armor sets
- Creation system (weapons)
- Range weapon (bow and arrow)
- Mission guidance
- Day/night cycle
- NPC partners
- Using the ctrl key to drag horizontal when building with voxels
- Trading system involving meat
- Simple multiplayer coop tower defense map
Please try it out and tell us what you think, good or bad. Also, report to us any bugs that you may find on the forums, thanks and have fun!
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Whoo! Great game, has great potential! Keep up the good work!!
Very good, especially for an early alpha* game. This is going to be a hit! I love the art too.
looks really good guys, keep up the good work
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.