Another version of OpenSA. It adds 31 more missions, does again balance changes and fixes some important issues.
- Changed default Pirates' stance to AttackAnything. Also increased their Scan Radius to 7 cells.
- Increased Soldier's damage from 200 to 300.
- Increased attack range for all melee units from 1 cell to 1.5 cell (this allows them attacking units from all angles).
- Bouncing bombs for Fly and Flying Machine will no longer bounce off water tiles.
- Death Lolly won't explode while it's growing. However killing it when it's doing that will still cause an explosion.
- Choc Freckle's reload delay was decreased from 40 to 20 and it shoots 5 projectiles instead of 3.
- Spear projectile for Scorpion's Spear unit and Turret was increased from 300 to 450 and from 400 to 450.
- Captures Colonies or Turrets now start with 25% of HP.
- AI now heals colonies up to 50%.
- Custom Turrets now launch 5 colony bits instead of 4.
- Added additional sprites for Seed Ball's seed.
- Units now wander around, just like in the original game. However, units controlled by player are less likely to wander around than units controlled by AI
- Seed Balls do not shoot anymore while they're still growing up.
- Adjusted shroud revealing for units.
- Adjusted Scan Radius for most of the units (for close/medium range units it is raised by 2, but for long range units, only by 1).
- Added 30 new missions.
- Added 1 custom mission.
- Added categories for original and custom mission.
- AI should be always activated in missions (sometimes AI did nothing and the mission had to be reset).
- AI will be activated after 6 seconds (original behavior).
- Slight colonies position change for 047 mission.
- "Neutral" colonies on mission 022 are owned by creeps now.
- Fixed wrong preview image for 004 mission.
- Changed starting player units for 041 mission.
- Adjusted AI's Squad Size for most of the missions.
- Fixed colonies not being able to produce units.
- Added tooltips to factions.
- Added missing HiDPI assets.
- Loading a save state shouldn't cause desync (crash) anymore.
- Improved background and buttons artwork for menu.
- Redesigned logo artwork.
- Changed artwork for random faction flag.
- Updated artwork for macOS installer.
- Infinite production now starts after 25 instead of 50.
- Skirmish AI SquadSize was reduced from 20 to 10.
- Added Radar Ping when your colony is being attacked.
- When a colony is defeated, it might blink. It is due to when Colony is defeated, it disappears and quickly after that it spawns Unclaimed Colony.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
At the moment of downloading the base files, it stays in "Feching list of mirrors" and it gives me an error.
Maybe the server was down for a moment. I just checked it and it works fine. So try again.
I'm having the same error :( I have the old Swarm Assault installed. There is a way to use this installation files to avoid the download?
Sure thing! I need to update the project, so the retail files could be detected as well.
Anyway, there should be "Content" folder in User(You)/Documents/OpenRA. If doesn't exist, create one.
Now, inside "Content" folder, create "sa" folder. Then inside this folder create two folders: "Sounds" and "Sprites".
In "Sounds" put: Game.SDF, Start.SDF
In "Sprites" put: Game.ANI, Game.DFF, Game.MIN, Start.ANI, Start.DDF, Start.MIN.
These files can be found in Swarm Assault's "Game" and "Start" folders.
Please tell me if it works!
Thanks for this quick response!
I copyed manually the files to its place like you said (following what is defined at "mods/sa/installer/downloads.yaml") and changed from "true" to "false" at "mods/sa/mod.yalm:274".
Compile succesful! And its working!
Thanks! Cheers from Brazil!
EDIT: ohhh, I followed the steps I described before reading your message... I made it work in a "ugly" way. Sorry. But it worked :D Thank you again
Compiling? Are you using the master branch from github? If yes, then enjoy 100 missions (I still wanna do some things before I release another version with all missions).
Yes. I just cloned your repository :) Thank you for this incredible job.
I am also getting that same error during "Install Content" where it tried to fetch the data but it "Cannot connect to remote server". I do not have OG swarm assault installed. This is also my first download on this site so I may be doing something wrong ><. All I did was unzip the download to a folder on desktop and ran the installer.
The server might be down again. Try later again. The next version will have 2 additional mirrors so this problem should be gone.
You rock. Thank you!