This version is outdated! Please check the file list for the latest version!
If you have access to Steam, I highly recommend the demo that is hosted on Myriavora's Steam store page instead!
This version has all of the content of the Steam demo, but works without Steam. However, it misses all features that require Steamworks services:
- No leaderboards
- No automatic updates
- No cloud saves
- If you later buy the full version, you'll have to create a new character.
- Poison now deals temporary damage instead of slowing down movement
- Improved spider AI
- Improved lighting
- Improved camera
- Big spiders now generate more debris when they explode
- Added an option to render poison puddles in purple
- Iventory now hints at possible upgrades
- Various minor bug fixes
If you've installed one of the previous versions, the installer will automatically upgrade it to the new version. Otherwise the installer creates a fresh installation. Characters created with version 7938 get imported automatically. Characters created with older versions won't load due to a new file system.
- operating system: Windows 7 or later (Vista should work as well, but is untested as of now)
- recommended hardware:
- quad core CPU
- 4 GB RAM
- DirectX 9 compatible dedicated graphics accelerator card with 1 GB VRAM
- minimum hardware:
- CPU with SSE2 support
- DirectX 9 vertex shader model 3 compatible graphics hardware