This patch will upgrade any 0.950+ M&B to M&B 0.960
It is like yesterday that I had announced the first beta version of the game. Yet it was more than four years ago, and everything was so uncertain at the time. If the players had not supported the game as avidly as they did, the whole project would surely die out somewhere along the way. But it didn't die out, we released many versions throughout these years, got the most wonderful feedback a game developer could hope for, saw amazing mods come out, and I personally had the most interesting time of my life. Now, four years later, it is time to announce the last beta release of Mount & Blade. I want to thank everyone who walked with us in this adventure. And although this is the last beta release, I am sure there will be lots of exciting things in the coming months and years.
Changes and bug fixes in this version are as follows:
- Lots of fixes related to strategical faction AI.
- Lance models now match their length in item stats correctly.
- Bug with speed bonus calculation fixed.
- Troop portraits displayed correctly in notes window in DirectX7 mode.
- Faces should no longer be entirely black on some older video cards in Dx7 mode.
- Various problems with the physics system fixed.
- AI pathfinding improved.
- Bug fixed where sometimes an arrow would pass through the target without colliding.
- Various crashes related to parties being removed fixed.
- Face generator changes.
- Rock physics objects now match their models.
- Siege defense is no longer lost automatically when the player is knocked unconscious.
- Retirement system fixed.
- Siege attacks are now started more frequently if the player is around (either defending or attacking).
- Looting a village now produces some cattle.
- You can now put captured lords into town or castle prisons.
- Miscellaneous other fixes and changes.