This mod aims to expand on the "Old World" of Warhammer Fantasy, incorporating only the "Old World" region while removing the "New World". The mod is being built up as a split off from brother mod "Warhammer Geheimnisnacht". Of which the Hexenstag mod uses as foundation to continue its own development.
- Chaos Dwarfs no longer attempt to join Ancestral Dwarf warrior society
- Added Engineers Society
- Added Mad Inventors Society
- Removed Cult of Verena Society
- Dawi Zharr in the Darklands united into one Empire, indivisible, under Hashut
- Sorcerer-Prophets set up to rule that Empire
- Suitably learned Chaos Dwarfs can now become Daemonsmiths, and eventually Sorcerers, via ambition. Sorcerers can push their sons to take this path.
- Sorcerers Curse will claim dwarfs who use magic
- Servile Hobgoblins added as middle-managers for the Chaos Dwarfs. Most of the old "Chaos Dwarf" counties are now ruled via Hobgoblins. Outside the plain of Zharrduk, many of these counties are unruly and the slaves there still need to be broken.
- Chaos Dwarf Slaver Guilds reimagined as Slaver Clans, lower-status clans who lack the leadership of Sorcerer-Prophets.
- Chaos Dwarf Holy Order (Acolytes of Hashut) added
- Some extra hobgoblin and chaos dwarf mercenaries added, some of whom will fight for other chaos worshippers or greenskins.
- Fiddly and redundant slaving mechanics removed. Chaos Dwarfs, like Vikings, now take slaves by using the vanilla looting mechanic, which gives them wealth to pour into their holdings in the Darklands and captives to sacrifice to Hashut
- Fiddly and redundant Chaos Dwarf sacrifice mechanics removed. Sacrifices now found through just one option after right-clicking on a prisoner portrait.
- Lore-unfriendly Chaos Dwarf enclaves in Worlds Edge Mountains removed. Territory returned to Ancestral Dwarfs and Greenskins
- The soldier-king Olek Yariksson rules from Karak Vlag. Desolation Hold was wiped out in the Great War Against Chaos, but perhaps you will do better?
- Dwarf Hold naval infrastructure now requires a port province
- Zharr-Naggrund, Uzkulak, Black Fortress, and Azgorh had their special buildings replaced with new Great Works. Each of the new works has 10 levels of core upgrade and can house up to 30 upgrades, representing special mining, industry, mining, military, mining, and religious activity. Also mining. You can build a lot of mining things.
- Converted Tilean, Estalian, Kislev, Bretonnian, and Border Princes special buildings into Great Works.
- Removed many marginal Great Works (or removed specials without converting). In most cases these were Great Works for Greenskins, who are not well-known for building wondrous architecture. At least one was a special building which gave more than 800 troops to what the lore describes as a village of 800 people.
- Removed many (but not all) vanilla Great Work options.
- Reduced the penalty for building multiple Great Works of the same type, as the intent is for players to build many Great Cities or Dwarf Holds.
- Imperial Mootland
- Fixed Sollander Blackrider not being available to liege
- Corrected high_engineering_tech_trigger
- Buff Nuln Artillery
- Fatandira now get enatic succession
- Nerfed Greenskin again
- Fixed Undivided Daemon Prince randomly appearing again (hopefully for the last time)
- Added hidden_tooltip to some scrip effects
- Ice Witch Sisterhood is no longer a secret society
- Fixed Summon Commander localisation
- Fixed Bretonnian Succession going to gavelkind
- Changed Beastmen Major Migration CB
- Fixed the Brayherd offmap power
- Fixed the Assassin's society getting destroyed
- Small change to Araby's Map
- Improved the lunatic traits
- Added Strigoi Kingdom
- Fix some Vampire opinion
- losing a Black Crusade now reduce doom to 0
- Change trebuchet to artillery (siege_tanks are not working right)
- Temporary fix for Witch Hunters (They will no longer kill people for not being Imperial or Sigmarite)
- Renumbered all characters and reorganized the history\characters files
- Fix Bretionnia Knights not getting Quests and the Green Knight not appearing for them.
- Add event modifiers to visible game rule
- Myrmidian setup tweaked to functional pentarchy behavior, as this is better than an interesting setup which breaks after the game begins.
- Increased movement speeds to compensate for the zoomed in map.
- Estalian Tercio retinues are now only available towards the end of the game, but are extremely powerful.
- Red Duke's history amended to be closer to the lore. He's now roughly the right age and has approximately the relatives that you'd expect.
- Cosimo di Miragliano, father of Fabio, added as the previous Prince of Miragliano. Cosimo is now recognised as the founder of a Bloodline for pioneering modern city design.
- Otto von Drak is no longer given a bloodline. He's a minor character in someone else's story.
- Myrmidian piety icon
- Todbringer family CoA
- Chaos Spawn trait
- Rank icons for Witch Hunters
- Forsaken trait
- Removed all mipmap from traits
- Removed all mipmap from loadingscreens
Old World Cities Project
- Added more upgrades
- Extended the great walls vanilla graphic to create placeholder image for old world city wonder
- Converted Altdorf, Averheim, Hergig, Marienburg, Middenheim, Nuln, Talabheim, Wolfenburg, and Wurtbad from Special Building to Wonder, roughed out Wonder history
- Added Mordheim wonder in a ruined state. Wonder history now tells something of the city's story, also frameworks for earlier bookmarks although the holding situation is a problem there
- Added scripted trigger to handle all those Great Temples
- Set up on-board founding of the Imperial Engineers
- Get rid of the over-stuffing castle buildings. (Much of the effect of these buildings is exported to Great Works, but the main problem is that there are just too many improvements doing very similar things.)
- Remove absurd retinue cost reduction from Imperial Towns.
- Removed gunnery school so the Empire isn't a monoculture. Replaced with culture buildings. The Imperial Cities have their own unique cultures that are somewhat more expensive and enjoy an additional advantage (Middenheim and Talabheim are stronger fortresses, Marienburg has more Galleys. Traditional Imperial capitals Altdorf & Nuln have a slightly higher reinforce rate). The intent is that the Altdorf and Nuln advantages would be a "tie-breaker" when picking a capital without pulling away players who prefer the culture or other bonuses of their existing seat.
- Removed Imperial Keep special
- Removed Neueslander special buildings, gave them a culture building to fit regular Imperial scheme
- Added State Troops replacement for militia barracks, reduces Heavy Infantry count but gives even more Light Infantry. Added Imperial Armory replacement for barracks, gives gunpowder, reduces Heavy Infantry count. Added Imperial Knights replacement for stables, gives more Knights because Castle already has plenty of LC to represent Pistoliers
- Stopped the von Carsteins (and other Vamps) from building up Imperial buildings, will return to address Sylvania properly in time
- Strike State Troop (Imperial Administration) laws. Professional soldiers are pretty common in the Old World, the Empire's nothing special in this regard.
- Removed overstuffing city buildings. (There is no need to have terrain lore buildings in a setting this rich.)
- Tweaked artillery/gunpowder bonuses, moving more to pyrite and reducing tradition bonuses
- Imperial Castle and City Building upgrades have been reworked. The bonuses now use a uniform balance line so that balance between factions is easier to maintain. (The old method of balance seemed to be "eye-balling".) In addition, the Imperial provinces and city-states have their own distinctive troop building. Troop composition will now change as technology advances. In particular, heavy infantry becomes less common and gunpowder more common. The target was to produce levies which resembled the core choices of the Empire Army list from Castles, and a reasonable variation of that from City holdings.
- Estalian and Tilean Castle and City Building upgrades have been reworked to the same standards as the Imperial changes above. Pikes are a constant of warfare for these states but the same shift towards gunpowder is shown.
- Reworked Old World Human Temple buildings. Because these people are most like the human cultures of vanilla, they use mostly vanilla buildings except that; Militia are replaced with Zealots (Flagellants, Dervishes, those sorts of people), heavy troops are interpreted as Templar Knights, and the Temple School is replaced by Morr's Garden. Some religions, especially in the Necromantic Group, replace these buildings with upgrades that show their distinctive character.
- First optimisation pass on decisions complete. Legacy Warhammer-specific decisions pruned and streamlined.
- Events for inactive groups pruned.
- Fixing lost brackets from overzealous deletions
- Culled many obsolescent Elf buildings, traits, events, bloodlines
- Consolidated remaining special buildings into wh_Special_buildings.txt
- A lot of keys were pressed on converting MTTH to on_action events. Regardless of the MTTH, events fired in this way will be checked every 60 days (or 120 days for landless courtiers) under the current defines. Changing from MTTH of 1 year to the yearly on_action saves two or five checks. Changing from MTTH of 6 months to the yearly on_action and the focus pulse (only checked for rulers) saves two or four checks.
- The use of SWITCH instead of IF/ELSEIF chains is slightly more efficient for the game to process. It's also a little faster to write.