This is the All-in-One Installer for Nova Upgrade: FreeSpace 2. It contains Nova Upgrade: FreeSpace 2 in version Pre-Alpha 2.1 aswell it's german translation together with preconfigured wxLauncher profiles.
What does this Installer offer?
- Language Selector 1.1
- Nova Upgrade: FreeSpace 2 (Version Pre-Alpha 2.1)
- Changed HUD configuration from the MediaVPs 3.8.X, so that also the german text is fitting in the gauges.
- An extended nebula.tbl that restore the retail nebulae together with the ones from the MediaVPs.
- All additional missions from the "Sim of the Year"/"20th Anniversary" releases.
- The "Templar" campaign with four missions for single player.
- This one is unchanged, so i strongly recommend the version from "Nova Upgrade: FreeSpace Port".
- Ten multiplayer missions.
- 16 standalone single player missions.
- Upgraded fully voice acted "FreeSpace 2: Demo" campaign with three missions.
- An own "Command" persona for the Demo missions was created.
- 108 multiplayer missions from the official multiplayer package.
- Two standalone single player missions from the official multiplayer package.
- Optional installable messagebox script for 16:9 resolutions up to 2560x1440.
- Preconfigured wxLauncher profile for "Nova Upgrade: FreeSpace 2".
- FreiRaum: FreeSpace 2 (Version Pre-Alpha 2.1)
- The original and currently unchanged german translation from the "Sim of the Year"/"20th Anniversary" releases.
- An own translation for the additional text from the upgraded "FreeSpace 2: Demo" campaign.
- FreeSpace 2 Cutscenes with german subtitles.
- Preconfigured wxLauncher profile for "FreiRaum: FreeSpace 2".
What is needed for this?
How do i use it?
The 7z-Archive have to be extracted into a temporary folder where you should run the FreiRaum_freespace2.exe. After that, you should read the instructions that explain every possible installation option and after that, you should simply install the desired features.
After the installation you only have to run your wxLauncher and to select the "FreeSpace 2: Upgrade" profile for that you only have to confirm your FreeSpace 2 directory, after that, you can play the game with the button of the same name. If you do not use the profile, you only have to select "FreeSpace2: Upgrade" in the "Mods" tab.