A collection of smaller upgrades and improvements done over the past 3 years. This includes bug fixes (especially for an audio bug that caused a crash when skipping turns rapidly), an early version of a new and improved AI that attacks in groups, and improved water and smoke animations. Expect one more major version before release, it will not take as long as this one. Can be installed directly over previous installations. Contains installer for Microsoft's XNA graphics libraries.
A collection of smaller upgrades and improvements done over the past 3 years.This includes:
- bug fixes:
- A bug with the audio library that caused the game to crash when rapidly skipping turns
- Improvements in pathfinding
- A glitch where units could occupy the same space, resulting in one unit apparently disappearing - it did appear again once either unit moved to a different tile
- an early version of a new and improved AI that attacks in groups
- improved water and smoke animations
- minor changes to the UI and controls, to improve usability and intuition
- Unit and building placement is done by selecting the unit and placing directly on one or more tiles. a ghost appears green or red to indicate that the position is or is not suitable.
Expect one more major version before release on Steam and other platforms, it will not take as long as this one, more details in the announcement.
You should be able to install it directly over previous installations, uninstalling is still advisable in order to keep it clean. Contains installer for Microsoft's XNA graphics libraries, which are needed to install the game, if already present, the installation can be skipped.