Black Mesa: Crack-Life Remastered V1.5 Standalone Version
1. This is a mod for Black Mesa (Steam version), so you must have it downloaded and installed.
2. Find and open Black Mesa folder.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Black Mesa"
3. Put cracklifeclr folder into Black Mesa folder.
4. Put cracklifeclr.exe into Black Mesa folder.
5. You launch the mod by cracklifeclr.exe
(Make sure you have your Steam running because Black Mesa requires it to launch)
***Other methods of launching***
1. Create a shortcut of bms.exe, open properties and add -game cracklifeclr to the Target field.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Black Mesa\bms.exe" -game cracklifeclr
Remember about the space between bms.exe" and -game cracklifeclr
Add to Steam method:
1. Press ADD A GAME button located in the bottom left corner of the Steam window.
2. Select Add a Non-Steam Game...
3. When the window appears click on Browse...
4. Find bms.exe inside Black Mesa folder and select it.
5. Click ADD SELECTED PROGRAMS.
6. Find bms in your Steam Library and open properties.
7. Click on SET LAUNCH OPTIONS and add -game cracklifeclr
8. You can also rename bms to Crack-Life Remastered and change the icon, you can use clricon.tga which is in cracklifeclr\resource folder.
9. If cracklifeclr.exe works fine, you can add it to your Steam Library instead, but dont add any LAUNCH OPTIONS for it then.
Update 1.5 notes:
- The mod now has a standalone version
- Music Volume slider now lowers the volume of background music played by soundscapes (music or sounds you hear after entering a certain area)
- Added a volume slider for H.E.V. suit sounds
Bug fixes / improvements:
- Alien Slaves now appear in Vort scene after the Resonance Cascade
- Movement fixes for Alien Slaves
- Zombies/Chavs are less likely to drop headcrabs
- Zombies/Chavs have new models
- Gargantua now has axes
- Fixed eyeballs for scientists and security guards
- Added more scientists models
- Minor sound/scenes adjustments