Version 1.0 of the Better Animal Kingdoms Mod. The mod is out as we speak!
We are pleased to announce the release of the Better Animal Kingdoms Mod!
The Better Animal Kingdoms Mod is a mostly graphical mod which adds additional animal cultures (such as foxes, red pandas, lions and more planned!) to the Animal Kingdoms option in shattered and random worlds generation of Crusader Kings II Holy Fury.
This mod is still a work in progress, currently only containing three species, and will focus on adding more content time come.
Though, you can already download it and enjoy the content currently available, and help improve the mod by noting bugs you experienced or simply suggestions for furhter development!
The mod, in version 1.0, currently only contains these animal cultures:
Each culture has its own culture specific clothing and buildings, all of which are unchanged vanilla and DLC items (look in prerequisites for installing mod!). Each animal species is able to wear any other culture clothes without any trouble, though headwear is restricted.
To run this mod, in its original form, you need:
* If you wish to run this mod, but do not have the required DLC (Jade Dragon or The Republic), an alternative adapted download is indeed available, but you will not be able to enjoy the full experience.
1. Download the mod (the compressed file, .rar), it will be a "BAKM.rar" file.
2. In order to install the mod, you are to navigate to your CK2 mods folder (Not the one in your CK2 install directory, but the one usually located...) in the following locations:
Note, if a "mod" folder is not present in the Crusader Kings II directory, you should create a new folder titled "mod"
3. Copy/cut & paste the BAKM folder and BAKM.mod file directly into your mods folder.
4. Enable the mod in your CK2 launcher
5. Play and enjoy!
- [Added] Red Panda culture
- [Added] Red Panda portraits, interface, flavor (names, dynasties) based on Chinese culture group
- [Added] Red Fox culture
- [Added] Red Fox portraits, interface, flavor (names, dynasties) based on Byzantine and Merchant culture group
- [Added] Lion culture
- [Added] Lion portraits, interface, flavor (names, dynasties) based on West African culture group
- [Tweak] Animal culture groups will now be visible in Ruler designer screen
These are the known bugs as of the latest released version (v1.0)
If you experience any bugs with the mod, feel free to leave a comment on the mod page here, under this article on Mod DB, or contact us via CyborgLenin1918, also here on Mod DB.
We greatly appreciate any input.