This is the first alpha release of the game. Check the article for more information and make sure you read the Readme file included in the download before playing!
Πρόσω Ολοταχώς or Proso Olotaxos in latin, is an adventure game being developed in Unity engine where the player controls a ship and it aims to blend realism, adventure and arcade features.
Although the game is still in alpha stage the main goal of features are but not limited to :
- Singleplayer (Campaign, Arena, AI Battle,...)
- Multiplayer (Players Vs Player, Co-op,...
- Many and various weapons
- Blend of Realism, Adventure and Arcade elements
- Possibly mods like new weapons, textures, models...
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for information, suggestions or questions or at one of the game's pages :
Release "Alpha 1" Features
Alpha 1 is the initial release of the game. It features :
- Initial Release
- Basic game mechanisms
- Multiplayer mode (free for all) up to 6 players.
- Several multiplayer maps depending on the amount of players.
- Flag and sails color choosing for multiplayer.
- 3 different weapons
- In game settings to change graphics level, total audio volume and mouse sensitivity for in game camera.
- This is the first alpha release of the game so it's far from completed and there's a lot of things yet to be implemented. Also there will probably be bugs, so if you encounter any contact me and let me know!
- If controls doesn't fit you, you can change them using the game launcher before you load the game.
W - Forward
S - Backward
A - Rotate Left
D - Rotate Right
Spacebar - Fire Weapon
Left shift - Next Weapon
Left control - Previous Weapon
1 - Left Weapon Fire direction
2 - Right and Left Weapon Fire direction
3 - Right Weapon Fire direction
T - Toggles chat
Left click and mouse - Rotates camera
Right click - Changes spectated ship when dead
- Weapon ammunition is affected by fire sides. Using both sides it consumes more ammunitation.
- Ship rotation speed decreases as forward speed rises.
- Colliding with objects(ships,etc..) on fire, there is a high chance to spread fire to your ship as well!
- Collision deals plenty of damage so don't go on a rock hitting rampage!
Important note: The current game version uses the free Photon Cloud service for the multiplayer. The free limited cloud service only offers maximum 20 concurrent connections which mean that depending on the lobby players you will have to wait in order to play. Since I am developing the game with 0 budget I cannot upgrade the service. If some money are gathered I could upgrade to the next cloud plan which includes 100 concurrent connections at the cost of $95.
I am also planning to implement a dedicated server system but this needs many changes on existing code so the game will use the cloud service for the time being.
Thanks for understanding.