Frayed Wires Studios
Based in United States
July 10 2011
Press / Business Contact:
Frayed Wires Studios is the largest active modding team for Star Wars Battlefront II. Founded in 2011 by James Plummer and Aaron Gilbert, its mission is to create the highest quality, most standout content that the gaming community has ever seen. In the future, the team plans on sticking its foot in the door of the indie development scene.
Frayed Wires Studios saw its origins in the modding community for the 2005 game "Star Wars Battlefront II." By 2010, James had quickly realized that the projects he wanted to create were too large in scope for a single person to handle, so he began recruiting like-minded artists, programmers and designers for help. During this time, James learned skills in people management, team communication and workforce coordination. It was here that James and Aaron met and began helping each other with their respective modding projects.
As they both had dreams of creating new video games, particularly ones they felt were missing from the market, James and Aaron decided to formalize their partnership as an indie game studio in 2011. Using modding as proving grounds, they continue to work on new projects, release updates to their existing projects and improve upon their skill sets.
Mass Effect: Unification (R6) | Aeia: Island – New Map Trailer YouTube
Mass Effect: Unification (R6) | Noveria: Compound – New Map Trailer YouTube
Mass Effect: Unification (R6) | Europa: Vostok Station – New Map Trailer YouTube
Mass Effect: Unification (R3) | Official Trailer #2 YouTube
Indoctra | Official Trailer #1 (Redux) YouTube
Sol Map Pack | Official Featurette #1 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "The best Star Wars Battlefront 2 mods (Mass Effect: Unification)" - PC Gamer
- "The best Star Wars Battlefront 2 mods (Battlefront: Evolved)" - PC Gamer
- "Top 10 Star Wars Battlefront II Mods and Maps (Mass Effect: Unification)" - BattlefrontJDgamer
- "Top 10 Star Wars Battlefront II Mods and Maps (The Sol Map Pack)" - BattlefrontJDgamer
- "Fantastic attention to detail in map layout and unit design [...] Did you enjoy Mass Effect? Get this. Never played Mass Effect? Get this. Do you like mods? Get this."
- Omri Petitte on Mass Effect: Unification, PC Gamer
- "Evolved is your go-to graphical overhaul mod [...] Its enhancements are still quite noticeable—the Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi models are especially stunning—but they scrape the ceiling of the Zero engine’s possible output."
- Omri Petitte on Battlefront: Evolved, PC Gamer
- "The Mass Effect: Unification mod [...] is an absolute masterpiece. [...] It changes the very way you play Star Wars Battlefront II. [...] This one is a definitive download for all fans of Mass Effect."
- BattlefrontJDgamer on Mass Effect: Unification, YouTube
- "As with all of Frayed Wires' work, this is extremely well-polished and pays huge attention to detail. [...] This is a very unique idea, and its execution is out of this world."
- BattlefrontJDgamer on the Sol Map Pack, YouTube
Aaron Gilbert on Twitter
Personal Twitter for Aaron Gilbert available at twitter.com/AaronGilbert5.
James Plummer on Twitter
Personal Twitter for James Plummer available at twitter.com/JamesLPlummer.
Aaron Gilbert's Design Portfolio
Aaron Gilbert's design portfolio available at aaron-gilbert.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Art Director, Co-Founder
Design Manager, Co-Founder
Artist, Level Designer