WARNING: game contains nudity! As the name suggests you will be a general practitioner, an ordinary doctor who works in a private clinic. It's a visual-novel-style game with many RPG elements. The medical part, written in collaboration with a real doctor, will be simulative. In the game you will meet many characters, each with its own agenda and personality. Patients will come to your clinic looking for treatment for various illnesses. It's up to you to do a checkup on them. Which body part will you examine? Will you make the right diagnosis or worsen things? Will you defer your patient to a specialist or continue treating her in order to gain more money? The medical part is a simulation. I'm working with a real doctor, friend of mine, who tells me what happens in medical clinics (Italian ones, since I'm Italian) and all the medical informations are real. My inspiration are the old medical simulations like the "Emergency Room series" from Legacy Games.
Alpha Release of General Practitioner, Medical Simulation Visual Novel
GENERAL PRACTITIONER 0.0.9 ALPHA RELEASE - "THREE'S A CROWD"
* Bug fixing
* Soundtrack has been added to the game! Most if not all scenes should include music. Please report me any inconsistency with music you may encounter.
- You can disable music from the Settings screen
* Removed the "Joystick" option from the Settings screen
* Removed the "Voice Volume" option from the Settings screen
* Added the "Tutorial" option in the Settings Screen (ON/OFF)
* Added the "Game mode" option in the Settings Screen (Story/Vanilla)
* Removed the choice of Tutorial and Game Mode from the game text when starting a new game
* Replaced Aaron model with a new one
* Added an "Update" button in the Main Menu. This is a testing feature which will allow you to update the game "in between major releases" to avoid you to re-download the full game again.
- Please report me any bugs with this new feature.
- Android users may have to redownload the whole apk nevertheless
* A new exam room is available in the game. Right now only scripted exams will use it, but its use will be implemented in Random Exams too!
* Modified questions while skipping to the update to be consistent with the actual content
* Added new "Personal Shopping" options in the "Online Shopping" Menu choice
* Added a minigame in the "Study" action. Players will be prompted to a "test" which will make them increase their knowledge stat by 3 if the answer correctly and will make it diminish by 2 if they don't.
- The minigame is optional
- 5 "tests" are available as of this release, while more will be introduced
* NEW EXAM AVAILABLE: Julie
- To start the new examination you'll have to visit the clinic after July 14
* NEW EXAM AVAILABLE: Jaden
- To start the new examination you'll have to visit the clinic after July 20
* NEW EXAM AVAILABLE: Amanda
- To start the new examination you'll have to visit the clinic after July 25
* RANDOM EXAMINATIONS - The game will tell the player which patient they are examining and his/her age. A random ailment will be chosen.
- There are no further interactions in this update, more will be introduced
- This screen replaces the "You went to the clinic and earn $"
* Added a special event at Ray's. If you visit the bar after July 22nd and after completing Joy Festival you will unlock the "Three's a crowd" Aaron and Vanessa's story arc update.
* The game will end on August 15th to prevent players to go further with their dating options. Game events will stop in July though. Full version of the game will cover an additional 10 months.
* Achievement's text is erratic, I'm working on it
* "Energy" stat while present is not used in the game yet, but it will become on future updates.
* A soundtrack is being added to the game. Sorry if sometimes some scenes are lacking music. This is temporary.