Playnet operates an internal software design and development studio called, "Cornered Rat Software". This studio is responsible for game project development as well as feature updates and support for existing titles.The staff includes true MMOG pioneers, with several members of the creative, programming and production teams having previous development and operational experience with up to 6 MMOG titles before the start of Playnet, dating back to 1995.In June 2001, Playnet launched the industry's first MMOG First Person Shooter, delivered as a combined-arms virtual battlefield (World War II Online - Blitzkrieg).
This job was posted over 30 days ago. This means the position is now most likely filled & no longer available.
Marketing located Anywhere.
Posted by Playnet, Inc. - Cornered Rat Software on
We're looking for someone who can help us increase awareness of our game "WWII Online: Battleground Europe." This is the first MMO FPS in gaming history, one of the top 5 longest running MMO's and we have one of (if not thee) largest interconnected game map's available on the market.
This is a one of a kind opportunity to gain some tremendous experience on a live industry product. We have helped many folks who have interned with us to land great jobs and receive awesome referrals.
Please submit a resume and let me know why you are a good fit and how you can deliver.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is an unpaid internship which will give you hands on (live industry) experience.
- Identify and develop key strategic alliances with external brands, media and commercial partners.
- Work with PR & Community Managers to set up acquisition goals.
- Help develop and coordinate quarterly marketing plans and the strategies, tactics and resources.
- Be passionate for video games.
- Have a friendly outgoing personality.
- Understanding of SEO and KPI's.
- Must be able to come up with creative marketing strategies & initiatives that appeal to the gaming industry.
- Attend weekly marketing meeting (Saturday's at 12PM Noon US Central).
Send resume to email@example.com with subject line "Marketing for WWII Online".