Brutal Nature has just released version 0.28! Download it today and give it a try!
Main new features are a new editing system that allows you to easily edit on a grid, sized to your brush as well as massive performance improvements all around!
- Fixed all known bugs.
- Massively improved terrain editing controls.
- Terrain editing now done on a grid based on size of edit box.
- Most controls changed.
- Reduced bandwidth used by map by 50%.
- Reduced initial server map generation time by 70%.
- Added z-fail optimizations, 15% more FPS.
- Skybox optimization, 5% more FPS.
- Added background to chat box, scan text box and ammo display.
- Changed player collision from sphere to ellipsoid.
- Improved multithreading job distribution.
- Added sound and particle effects for mining and terrain placement.
- Added sprint key.
- Changed client and server to use announce.worldcrafter.org domain instead of fixed IP.
- Fixed bug in frustum culling, 50% more FPS.
- Fixed bug in texture loading code
- Fixed server ghosting users bug.
- Fixed smelter progress bug.
- Fixed bug where shooting the terrain as it was initially loading would prevent that area from loading.