An update has been released released with a fair few bug fixes that were spotted with the influx of players from the IndieGameStand sale that has now ended. Halos and chat Badges have also been added for the respective players who deserved them. Check out the change log below for more detail. As usual you can download the update via the launcher.
The server update can be found at: Skynations.net
- Added option to server settings which can be set to “true” or “false”. Setting it to true will mean chunk and ship files are loaded up into memory on startup making reading very quick. This is useful for VPS’s and any kind of machine running the game server with slow read/write harddrives or high file i/o wait time(VPS’s have very bad i/o wait in most cases). However this has a memory impact. VFS is set as false by default (previously was always on). If your server has an SSD you can benefit from setting it to false allowing the file to be loaded from the harddrive instead significantly reducing memory use on large maps..
- Added option to server settings which can be set to “true” or “false”. Setting this to true will mean all chunks and ships are loaded up at server startup and are not unloaded. Do not do this on large maps. This is best set to true on Team deathmatch style servers where you have a small map and want to remove any extra computation such as loading/unloading chunks. This allows for a very smooth experience.
- Added Halos to the top 5 contributors.
- Added chat badges for Koto, Sen, HumanCant Think, Kattehus, and Indie.
- Changed server to space out chunk unloading to prevent occasional stutters.
- Various improvements to server performance based on larger amount of players.
- Added altitude(Y) to coordinates and put each coordinate on a new line due to decimal points of non-English speaking countries being confusing(where ‘,’ is a decimal point).
- Added weight of ship to UI next to ship energy.
- Fixed a bug where particle effects from thrusters would be left over in some cases after a ship had left the area or been destroyed.
- Fixed a bug where particles would stop working in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where rebinding the Nation window key would open the Nation window over the top of the Keybindings menu leaving you stuck.
- Fixed a bug where the server wouldn’t delete some new chunks when all their blocks were gone in some cases and they’d reload after server restart.
- Fixed a memory leak on the server.
- Fixed ammo missing on player ui on chunk load in.
- Fixed item scrolling missing sixth slot in item bar.
- Fixed invisible players.