The most important changes this week:
- Lukas is working on the modding and scripting API. Hopefully, all important logic can be done by scripts at the end of next week. He also implemented “dig-on-click”.
- Marcus is still carefully crafting our new expression/node-system. He promised me to write devblog-articles when the system is finished. Intermediate bytecode evaluation works, derivation and range prediction are up next.
- Tobi is implementing our own bug-tracking system with connection to a crash-logger library, a launcher-application, and an ingame feedback/bugreport form.
- Kersten created a tree renderer (based on instanced texture lobes) and worked on the particle system. Furthermore, he added new input functionality like “plant-a-tree”, “light-cube-throwing” and “destruction-ball-throwing”.
- Philip wrote the rendering systems for particles, procedural skybox creation and the underwater effect. He also extended the illumination capabilities of our engine by supporting point lights.
For screenshots, technical information, and regular updates, visit our blog!