A couple months after the release of 0.3.0, we are proud to announce the newest version of Thrive: 0.3.1. Although this update is not as major as the last one and does not have any new gameplay, it is full of features that make it a lot more fun to play.
In this release:
- Linux Support
- Parallax Background
- Colored NPC Microbes
- Symmetry in the Editor
- Flipped Player Cell (Forward is now up in editor)
- New .exe Icon
- A bunch of bug fixes (Audio, Broken Membrane, No Chloroplast, Flagellum, Species Name)
- Point mouse to turn
- WASD to move around
- Mouse scroll wheel to zoom
- E to release toxins (if you have any)
- G to engulf other cells (you must be bigger in size)
- ESC to bring up menu.
- F2 to switch between microbe stage and microbe editor
- F4 to save your current gamestate
- F10 to load your previous saved gamestate
- F12 to save a name-change
- Symmetry button between undo and redo in editor
- (Cheat: if you ever get frustrated by reproductase, just press ‘p’)
Oh lord! This is what spore should have been. Only this is even better, even in it's current state and I'm sure it will be simply legendary once is done.