Hey there! Great news! Splatter got released this night! The web shop at Splattergame.net is now public.
Well... At least to me these news are great, but your mileage might vary :-) It's a cumulation of a few weeks of frantic work, based on two years of development by two people. It feels great to see this baby walk the first steps on its own.
Splatter is sold for 10€ or approx. $13. And here's what you currently get for your money:
- Hordes of enemies to shoot at
- Flares to light the path and scare off monsters
- A story line stretching over 4 to 6 hours of gameplay
- Film-noir-like cutscenes and dialogs
- Upgradeable weapons, boss battles, vehicle parts, all sorts of strange and/or interesting encounters
- Arcade game mode against ever-growing hordes of enemies to compete in worldwide leaderboards
- Local Multiplayer game modes with or against your friends
But, if everything works out nicely, that won't be the end of the game. We'd like to add new content after release via free updates. This is what we have in mind:
- Voice Acting for the whole storyline
- the Freeplay mode to build up a village and defend it against the world
- new Multiplayer game modes
- new Arcade game modes
- new maps for the existing game modes
- ever-improving graphics and effects
To make this happen, we need your support. If you want to see all this come to light, consider spreading the word about it to your friends or everyone else interested in gaming. We could really need some publicity. Thanks so far, and have fun!