The OpenMW team is proud to announce the release of version 0.27.0! Grab it from our Downloads Page for all operating systems. This release brings the first official release of OpenCS, the OpenMW team’s efforts to bring an open source solution for editing content for OpenMW. OpenCS is in an early Alpha state, please take that into consideration when testing! See the full notes below.
Check out the release video by the indomitable WeirdSexy:
- PLEASE NOTE! There have been changes to the OpenMW config files. The game will not run with old configurations, but your configuration can be updated by simply running the Launcher. If you normally run OpenMW directly from the executable, please re-run the Launcher once to update.
- Extreme shaking may occur during cell transitions for some users (enable anti-aliasing as a possible workaround)
- Implemented Acrobatics
- Implemented God Mode
- Implemented torch extinguishing
- Implemented breath meter color change when it is running low
- Fixed polish language version of Morrowind crashing OpenMW
- Fixed decimal numbers not displaying correctly in the UI
- Fixed camera not lowering while sneaking
- Fixed ambient sounds playing while the game is paused
- Fixed being able to enter third person view with the mousewheel when it should be disabled
- Fixed some CDs not working correctly with Unshield installer
- Fixed a script instruction to allow the Quick Character Creation plugin to work
- Fixed fatigue not regenerating when jumping
- Fixed Laire dieing inexplicably in Beshara
- Merged the –master and –plugin switches
- OpenCS: Implemented a start dialogue
- OpenCS: Implemented handling file paths so that files are saved only to the local data cirectory, and only with OpenMW extensions: omwgame/omwaddon
- OpenCS: Implemented Saving
- OpenCS: Implemented new ESX selector
- OpenCS: Implemented enforcing single-instance mode since multiple projects can be open
- OpenCS: Implemented record filtering
- OpenCS: Implemented default record filters
- OpenCS: Proper compiler configuration (currently used only for syntax highlighting)
OpenCS looks great to be honest. Will be much less time consuming to complete a lot of tasks. However I do have one suggestion. Without changing any variable in say "wrath of odos", it will still be listed as "modified" (in vanilla you have to press save). I can see this being potentially problematic as this would cause a LOT of conflicts. What if it things only were listed as "modified" if you actually changed something? Keep up the good work!
I put your post on our forums because I was not 100 % sure this was already discussed:https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1938&p=20462#p20462
There should be an answer very soon.
Well I can't register cause I have no other e-mail adress but hotmail lol. However with that said I wish to reply to "Zini" somehow.
I'm aware that there's no "save button" in OpenCS and I don't think "explicitly modify" as true in this case. Lets say I do the following:
1. I select the spell window.
2. I double click the "cost" field for "wrath of odos", but without changing the variable, then I move on to check another spell.
3. It's now listed as modified even though I didn't actually change something.
This is why I see it as troublesome. Sometimes you just click the wrong field, then it will forever be listed as modified. Sure it's great with a tool that will make it easy to remove records that you don't want to be edited, however it can get nasty if you're dealing with hundreds of spells.
Keep up the good work!
Looks great =) I love it! are this able to load other patches for the original games?
What do you mean by "other patches" ?
OpenMW is a completely new game engine, not a mod. MGE and such will not work. But since OpenMW is a free software, one could integrate such effects directly into the engine.