Finally I've made it for Linux! Took a few days for me to go through the source code to make it capable to be compiled with linux binaries, but I eventually managed to make it.
've tried it in Ubuntu (32 bit) for about 2 days and the result is very good. But it it is more sensitive (crash- or freezes) than Windows as I expected. Will take a deep look into this to solve it before I continue with other stuff.
Will try it out with other linux distributions later.
Eventually a additional test server (linux) will be put in place; also for testing purpose when I have found a solution for these crashes.
Will continue to support Linux in the future.