Get ready for some cutecore SRPG action! Last week, we launched a Kickstarter campaign to localize and release Moékuri to an international audience! It's a strategy RPG game developed by Japanese indie studio MokyuSoft, that combines the best of tactics gameplay, anime-inspired storytelling, and moé. Lots of moé! Moékuri’s Kickstarter campaign runs until September 23rd. The page can be found here: www.kickstarter.com/projects/305439676/its-adorable-its-tactical-a-doujin-indie-srpg-moek
In a world where "Creatures," powerful beings based on real legends and myths from across the Earth, inhabit the land, girls with the ability to wield magic become "Masters"—able to summon and harness the power of Creatures to their command. Iruse Strenz is one such Master, a girl working hard to protect her village ever since the mysterious disappearance of her mother. The only clue to her whereabouts is a magical grimoire known as “Nursery Rhyme”—a tome full of mysterious symbols that no one in the village can even begin to decipher.
Together with her best friend Nika, Iruse spends day after day training her magic, but her mother is never far from her thoughts. One fateful day, a strange phenomenon occurs near the village which soon threatens everything that Iruse holds dear. Yet in the midst of it all, a path opens to the answers that she seeks…
● Solid grid-based tactical gameplay! Elemental defences, secondary summoning abilities, status effects, terrain modifiers, and more!
● 151 cute girls to summon into battle! 170+ characters in all!
● Collect, train and customize your team! Each girl fights differently! Enjoy a staggering depth of strategic variety!
● Unique art and sprites for all characters! No clone-army of recolors here!
● Fully voiced battle system brings combat to life! Even losing sounds lovely!
● 25 story stages! Make new friends, encounter new enemies, and face new challenges! Journey with Iruse and uncover the secrets of Nursery Rhyme!
● Seeking glory on the (moé) battlefield? Hard mode awaits those who clear the base story!
View the Moékuri trailer - Click above!
Here’s what some reviewers of the Japanese edition had to say about Moékuri!
A Masterpiece. 'Moe SRPG' is a genre you see from commercial game companies often enough, but I feel like this surpasses them ... there's a lot of fun to be had in coming up with your own teams and strategies, and collecting all the creatures.
… All the characters are fully voiced outside of the story scenes, which really helps give them all a lot of personality. For anyone who enjoys characterization stuff like that, it really enhances the fun of collecting new creatures …
Incredible Variety in Characters and Strategies. All the characters and the creatures in combat are just adorable. It's worth it just to look at all the art. Despite the huge number of creatures, they all have different strengths and weaknesses, and there's not one that doesn't feel unique.
With a successful Kickstarter and concurrent Steam Greenlight campaign, we hope to release Moekuri in Q4 2016 for Windows PC!