The past few weeks have been exiting and weird. Finalizing the game and getting it ready for the final release. I’ve been working on it day and night for the past three years. So this moment is something I visualized many times, a dream come true. And here we are Doodle Derby has left Early Access.
The creation of this passion project was a hell of a ride. It sure wasn’t without bumps and I had to learn a lot along the way. It was a struggle to get visibility and recognition. The support of friends, family and you has been incredible helpful and supporting. You gave me the energy to push forward in stressful times when work kept piling up.
- I would like to thank all people who helped out testing the game since the very buggy begin. Thanks for your bug reports and suggestions. This was invaluable feedback and brought the game where it is today.
- Thanks to all content creators for your videos, articles and streams. Thanks to everyone who helped spreading the word.
- Thanks to my family for dealing with my absence and supporting me in such an incredible way.
- Thanks to Headup for your trust and passionate effort to spread the word.
- Thanks to my awesome team of super committed volunteers and freelancers who helped me in ways I can’t describe.
- And finally thanks to all people who bought the game.
It took me 3 years. It was a blast. And here it is version 1.0. Fromto -Toy Cars in Hell became Doodle Derby. And now we are leaving Early Access. This opens the game up to all the players who just won’t play early access games, which is very understandable. Now as the game is at 1.0 we are also ready for the release on Nintendo Switch. Yeah!
Enjoy the game, buy it if you haven’t already. I mean it’s the price of a fancy cup of coffee.