Programmers located Anywhere.
Posted by Blue Diamond Studios, LLC on
I hope you all have had a great holiday season and Happy New Year. I know this is a busy time for everyone, so I thank you for taking the time to read through this and apologize in advance for its length.
Blue Diamond Studios LLC is in the process of expanding its indie development team for an open-world fantasy RPG we are working on. We are seeking to add multiple individuals across various fields and experience levels. Before I touch on all of the positions we are seeking to add to the team below, I'd like to tell you about myself, BDS, and the project as a whole.
My name is Hunter, and I am a 24-year-old graduate student from the United States. I am currently in my second year of law school and am also working to receive my MBA. I also work as a legal associate for a law firm in the State of Georgia, where I have a student practice license. I am a life-long gamer, the lead writer on the project, the director of the project, and the sole owner of Blue Diamond Studios LLC. I formed BDS in 2020 in Georgia to help have a solid legal and business structure in place for the future success of the studio and our projects.
Regarding the project, it is a revenue-share project, you must be at least 18 years of age to join the team, and each individual team member will need to sign an independent contractor agreement, which will contain an NDA (these contracts are still in the drafting phase with our legal counsel, but should be done soon). Moreover, this is a remote/work-from-home project. We have no physical workplace that you would need to report to. While revenue-share projects tend to scare people away, I want to indicate that we are optimistic that we will soon acquire funding to pay our developers. I am more than happy to discuss these things and more if you would like.
Now, here is a list of the positions we are seeking to add to the team, as well as some preferences we have regarding those positions:
- Programmers (experience with C++/Unreal Engine 4 preferred; experience programming AI, combat systems, movement systems, etc. preferred),
- Game Designers (specifically for mechanics such as combat, movement, UI and HUD, etc.),
- Writers (for story, lore, dialogue, etc.),
- Level Designers (experience in Unreal Engine 4 preferred; capable of working closely with environment artists),
- Environment Artists (experience in Unreal Engine 4 preferred),
- Concept Artists,
- 2D Artists (for art which is implemented into the game itself),
- Storyboard and Cinematic Artists,
- 3D Asset Modelers (with experience using materials from Quixel Bridge preferred),
- 3D Character Modelers
In addition to these general positions, we are specifically seeking to add the following to our team, as well:
- Lead Artists (for coordinating the art direction among various teams)
- Lead 3D Character Modeler
- Lead Animator
Lead positions are still on a revenue share basis, but percentages will be slightly higher to accommodate for the extra work.
Please note that we are not currently seeking QA Testers, Music or Sound Designers, or Localization/Translators. Also, please remember that this project is being built in Unreal Engine 4. BDS is not providing any software or hardware for any of the positions.
If you have any questions or comments about any of the positions here or the project itself, please feel free to contact me via email (email@example.com) or on Discord (Hoonter#3881). I am able to showcase some of the project so far when requested.
Send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org