Web/Other located Anywhere.
We’re looking for someone to take over the day to day running of our sites ModDB and IndieDB, to promote and support the work of the thousands of creators who share their work with our communities of millions of gamers.
This is a fully remote role you can do from anywhere, starting as a part time position (hours depending on your availability) with the possibility of it changing into a full time position if it’s the right fit for you and us. Salary will be based on the level of experience you bring to the role and our company.
DBolical Ltd - ModDB/IndieDB
ModDB and IndieDB are some of the biggest and longest running independent community sites for modders and game developers, to share their work with the world. We take pride in being the number one stop for mods for classic games and the place to discover the latest upcoming indie hit.
We’re looking for someone passionate about mods and indie games, to support and promote our community and continue the long running legacy of our sites:
- Social Media - Share interesting mods and indie games posted on our sites across social media (Facebook & Twitter), our headlines feature section and monthly newsletters
- Community Management - Respond and create discussions with our community across our social media channels, site forums, groups and our official Discord server
- Support - Respond to requests and reports from our community through our support email, which ranges from technical issues, to features suggestions for our sites
- Editorial - Cover important news relating to mods and the game development industry on our sites, to keep our users informed and create unique content
- Promotion - Brainstorm, organise and run engaging online events relevant to mods for our community, held on our sites and across social media
- Events - Help run and support our annual signature events including Mod/Indie of the Year and Mod Appreciation week
Managing our sites is an important responsibility, one that you’ll be doing largely by yourself so we’re hoping to find someone who already has experience in:
- Be able to work independently for long periods of time without supervision
- Have managed online communities before, preferably in a professional capacity, whether it’s Discord servers, social media channels or forums
- Has an eye for what is new or interesting in mods/games and passion for promoting others work and examples of you doing so previously
- Have experience with customer support, handling a range of reports/requests and de-escalating situations between users in online communities
It’d be great if you also have:
- In-depth knowledge of mods, have played mods and being interested in the modding community for several years
- Have been part of the ModDB/IndieDB communities previously and involved in our annual events, such as Mod of the Year
- Experience covering game (especially modding) news before in written form, whether it’s a well-known gaming news site or your own personal blog or social media accounts
- Have an interest in community manager and publishing for indie games, as we support game development partners occasionally
- Flexible working hours and family-friendly considerations
- The opportunity to manage some of the biggest and longest running independent gaming community sites in the world
- Opportunities to attend gaming conferences with media passes
If you think you’re a good fit and it sounds like a role you’d be excited to take on, then please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org and attach your resume with a cover letter about why you think you’re the right person to manage ModDB and IndieDB. Talk to you soon!