This is our first post to IndieDB, so let me tell you about the game first.
Unknown Horizons is a 2D realtime strategy simulation with an emphasis on economy and city building in a colonization themed world. One the project was known as OpenAnno but we moved on from trying to clone to being original long ago.
Being an open source project, we are always looking for people who want to contribute or join our cause to create a wonderful, beautiful and fun game. Hope you like the game!
The game features ship travel/transportation, colonization of islands, resource harvesting, processing, diplomacy and battle.
The features we added since our last release (which you can get HERE) are:
- Complete settlement AI (details here)
- Combat and diplomacy system
- Increase in performance (partially thanks to FIFE)
- Support for internationalized voices (right now available: de, en, fr)
- Nine new buildings, one new ship (here are some)
- New statistic widgets
- Usability and interface improvements (for example the in-game menu)
- New maps and a parameters-based map generator
I already wrote that we are an open source project, so let me list a few ways how the community can help us:
- 2D/3D/Animation artists can find some tasks here
- Naval public domain painting lovers can help by finding some background art
- Interested in mechanics/story? Share your ideas for catastrophes!
- Interesting screenshots and videos should be posted here
- Feedback is needed for this release. It can be shared on the forums or IRC room.
Translators, sound artists, programmers, game designers, writers and voice artists can also help. The get involved page will let you know how to get started!