Penumbra is a first person horror adventure focusing on story, immersion and puzzle solving. Violence and combat is hardly an option - the player has to use wits to guide Philip through his final test, and this makes the series unique in offering a truly dangerous and terrifying experience.
The 1.03 cumulative patch for Penumbra: Overture. See File/Full Details for the list of changes. Note that this patch is only for the game version downloaded from the Frictional Games website, none other.
IMPORTANT: This update is for Penumbra: Overture sold through Frictional Games' online store at www.frictionalgames.com . Gamer's Gate & Strategy First(Direct2drive, GameTap etc) releases are available through their specific online systems. Users of the boxed retail CD should contact the publisher of their version to get a patch for their release.
- Fixed graphics glitches on new ATI cards(HD/X1000 series) and new ATI drivers
- Various optimisations
- Various fixes
- BumpSpec* changed to saturate w coord of BumpVec. Fixes strangeness on ATI with specular.
- Diffuse_Color_vp.cg was given 4d Color. Fixes disappering alpha geometry.
- Fixed strangness on ATI in shader quality Medium
- Fixed strangness on ATI in shader quality Low
- Attenuation bug for Low and Medium shader fixed.
- Minor misc other changes
- Keypad works after switching interact / examine buttons in settings.
- Shortcut key can be used to look at blank note.
- Jump + Tab does not increase jump height.
- Entering a map where a worm has appeared no longer result in crash.
- Cannot exit chemical storage after worm enters any longer.
- Updated BlackBox to give better information on crashes.
- Update StickAreas, hopefully solving cable bug.
- Updated MotionBlur.
- Added crosshair as an option.
- Fixed personal task not removed properly.
- Fixed lag issue with boulder in water cave.
- OpenAL fixes, SoundBlaster X-Fi/Audigy should be more compatible now.
- Ladders less prone to let the player fall of when exiting.
- Minor level and event fixes.