This mod adds two buttons added in X:CE 0.24 that implement the two 'Select Next Soldier' buttons as present in the OG.
First of these two buttons goes to the next "suitable" soldier (usually the closest soldier that has not been selected by this button recently). The second button has the same function, but moreover stops the currently selected soldier from being selected using these buttons again until the end of turn.
In order words, use the first button when you want to use another soldier, but you'll want to get back to the current soldier again later in this turn. Use the second button when you think you are done with the current soldier for this turn (it is still possible to explicitly select the soldier later using other methods if needed). As soon as the buttons no longer do anything, all soldiers have been processed and the turn can be ended.
Community Edition 0.24+ is required.
See also Goldhawkinteractive.com
How to install:
- Install the mod using launcher's Modding Tools and exit the launcher (or manually unzip into assets/mods/select-next-khall/ ).
- (On Unix-like systems, or if you know how to do it) Apply the patches from assets/mods/soldier-next-khall, copy files from normal/ and small/ subdirectories to assets/gui/GroundCombat/ and its small/ subdirectory.
- (On Windows) Go to assets/mods/select-next-khall/ and run select-next-khall.bat . It will patch necessary game files and create backups of them with the .select-next-khallbackup extension.
- Alternate version with layout and graphics from Skitso will be available later (it requires repositioning everything in the GC panel).
- Keyboard shortcuts for the actions work even without the mod.
- If you think the mod should be graphically improved, such as the buttons highlighting, feel free to do the changes and submit them.
- X:CE 0.24 has a bug that may result in not all soldiers selected by the buttons. The bug seems to occur only the first turn after loading a save.
Update to work with X:CE installed using launcher's Modding Tools.
Initial release with Khall's graphics and original layout.
Is this mod compatible with mod XYZ?
The mod uses a text patch utility that is quite intelligent about merging changes even to files that have been modified. Unless something changes exactly the same items as this mod does (which is unlikely) , there should be no problem. Since other mods seem to work by replacing files as a whole rather than patching them, it is recommended to install this mod as the last one.
How do I update this mod if the game updates? Is this mod compatible with game version x.y?
As said above, the mod is good at patching files even if they have changed slightly, so if the game updates files relevant for this mod and overwrites the changes, it should be enough to apply the patch again (and possibly revert it first). If there will be any problems, the patch utility will report problems while applying the changes (you may need to run the patching from a command shell to see the error messages). Generally, if anything else fails, resetting your game to its original state (e.g. verifying game files in Steam) and applying the patch again should work.