Requires latest Custom Spawns API. May not work on beta. Bandits now recruitable in taverns in towns through menu. ATC is now optional. Simply install with Vortex or place into your module folder.
The mod now features several gameplay changing effects (lots of thanks to 8thor8)!
Big thanks to 8Thor8 (from the Distinguished Service and Sergeants for Hire) for helping me with scripts! Check out his other mods, they work very well with Scum and Villainy!
Compatible with killing bandits raise relations! Finally a reason to clear the crime!
I highly recommend downloading the Bannerlord Mod Launcher. Load orders are currently the biggest causes of crashes and launching the game through the direct .exe continuously changes load order for the worst.
Translators: Now contains strings. Feel free to translate and redistribute!
Banners by /u/Haedvig (Crimson Cartel), /u/jannoinks (Iron Fist), /u/Noslack8 (Seven Scimitars) and /u/iq4153333 (Kingslayers & Blackwater Pirates)!
You can edit the config file of CustomSpawns to turn on debug mode. This will show you where parties spawn (in case you are impatient).
You can download Ardonnay's Troop Changer if you want to recruit troops yourself in Towns/Villages (this is NOT a requirement of this mod, it is an additional feature).
This mod adds new factions, save games without the faction in them will not be compatible.
Step 0: If you had an old version, verify your game files! You may have old versions of SPClans.XML or SPCultures.XML.
1. Install the Custom Spawns Clean API OR the entire Calradia at War mod (no need to install both! Pick the clean API if you only want Scum and Villainy troops/parties).
2. Download the Scum and Villainy 15.0.0. mod!
3. Extract the .rar into your Bannerlord folder and tick the boxes in the launcher for both the Custom Spawns Clean API (or Calradia at War) and the ScumAndVillainy mod.
4. Don't forget to unblock the DLL if your windows blocks it!
5. Optionally download Ardonnay's Troop Changer (choose the correct version!) and the optional files on this page to allow the criminals to be recruited in towns/villages. If you are using this function, make sure to save and load the game after you start. Also please carefully read the mod page for more information.
When you boot up the game, bottom-left should show the mod is functioning properly.
Highly Recommended Mods
Kill Bandits Raise Relations (works with all added factions!)
Ardonnay's Troop Changer (to allow troops to be recruited in towns)
Kaoses Party Sizes (change the party sizes of all Custom Spawns parties)
Movements of Calradia (another Custom Spawns mod, more neutral/helpful factions)
Manhunters (another mod by Anopey, it adds civilian manhunters, they will fight all the criminal factions)
Buy Patrols (protect your villages from criminal activity)
Recruitable (recruit those high-tier criminals! They have no values!)
Party AI Overhaul (allow your own gang/faction to only recruit criminals! You can do this by selecting the Brawler, Scum and Vagabond troop trees)
Distinguished Service (put those Scouting, Leadership and Trade skills of Spies, Overseers and Smugglers to good use! They make great companions!)
Scum & Villainy: Organized Crime (The Underworld Rises)
Developer: Fireman, 8thor8 & Anopey (for making CustomSpawns)! Additional help from nyanarchist (parts of dialogue) and ComradeCheekiBreeki (Pirate Captain)
This mod requires the Clean API of the Custom Spawns mod:
Install it and do not forget to activate it in the launcher along with the Scum and Villainy module!
Major props to Anopey!
Ever thought it was weird that gangs play such a big role in the cities, but there was never a sight of any organized crime? Well now there is!
This mod adds organized crime to the game. Several new parties will roam the map harrassing villagers and caravans. Migrating clans will actually migrate to other cities and slavers will sell off their own children for profit. Smuggling and fencing stolen goods will be present on the overhead map.
The Kingpin is the leader of the Crimson Cartel and rules the deserts and steppes of Calradia. The Robber Baron leads the Iron Fist and roams around in the Empire and Vlandia. Finally the Warlord rules the Kingslayers, who are readying themselves for a war against all kingdoms and nobility.
All services offered by gangs and outlaws is on a "need-to-know" basis, which means that if you do not have enough denars to afford their services, you do not need to know about them. If you are visiting slave markets, bring prisoners. If you are visiting gang hideouts or black markets, bring enough coin to pay their fees or recruit their troops. If you are planning on visiting the Seven Scimitars of the Shiting Sands, you better have plenty of troops and coin to keep them at bay and offer their services to you.
Special unique troops (Juggernauts, Deadeyes, Warstompers) are extremely expensive, but if you look out for the special parties that spawn, you can imprison and recruit them for absolutely free.
Additionally, more peasant parties roam the map. As bandit lure or as defenders.
1. New Hideouts (e.g. Gang Hideouts, Slave Markets, Smuggler's Den, Pirate's Cove)
2. New Parties that spawn all through Calradia! (e.g. Vandals, Slave Catchers, Coin Collectors, Gang Patrols, Smuggler Caravans)
3. New troops! In total three reasonable troop trees, adding a total of 50 units (with regional variations!).
4. New events! Random events with huge riots, revolts and manhunts. Special troops appear through events!
5. New gameplay mechanics! Sell slaves or fence goods to gain criminal rating. Hire gang members to fight alongside you. Increase your party size by capturing and recruiting sultans.
Organized crime has five own troop trees. Each troop has at least four item sets (most between 6-12), so that not all troops look the same while in combat.
Read the information on the CustomSpawns mod for maximum compatibility. Thanks to Anopey for developing CustomSpawns.