It's a low deiniton models pack for using in "Quake Remake". Original models in "Quake Remake" have a lot of different lacks (some of them came from initial "Quake" models), and many of them were fixed in this pack. There is also included a new set of sprite muzzleflashes for weapons (and monsters). This pack is highly recommended to use with other parts of Quake Remake Upgrade project, which are containing a set of HD-textures for LD-models.
- Precise UV-maps for proper texture mapping of built-in textures;
- UV-maps now are more suited for using of different existing HD-textures for original "Quake" models as external HD-textures in "Quake Remake";
- A most part of static models and weapons have fixed geometry of their meshes (used a content of Orion Debug Models pack for "Quake");
- Used a "fullbright" mode for some model textures (special new feature of Xash3D Engine and Xash MDL Compiller) for creating a cool glowing effect on them (which is kindly suitable for them);
- Fixed hitboxes for static models and weapons;
- Fixed type, size and position of muzzleflashes for first person view weapons and for some shooting monsters.
Free for private non-commercial using. Do not distribute as a part of any shitty mods and packs, especially without proper credits, LOL.
- ID Software - original "Quake" game, models, textures & animations.
- Orion - Orion Debug Models pack for "Quake".
- Quake Remake team - "Quake Remake" game, converted models with skeletal animations.
- Qwertyus - editing and porting of all included content to the "Quake Remake" compatible format.
How to use:
- Locate a main directory, where your "Quake Remake" game have been installed, and open a folder inside it, named "ID1".
- Extract all the content from this archive to the "ID1" folder, with overwriting of any existing folders & files.
- Play your game and have fun!
P. S. There is one alternative version of Wizard monster included, wizard_alt.mdl. If you want to try it in game, rename it to wizard.mdl and replace default model with it. This model have a special muzzleflash event on attack animation, linked to muzzleflash3.spr. So you can see this muzzleflash before the monster attacks you.