Adds new menus to replace the old menu, visual hand models, and a new Arachnid enemy who crawls on walls!
- The title and pause menus have been redone. They make it a lot less painful for me to add any kind of buttons. These menus also include various options like hand rendering or skin tones. Quality can now be changed through the menu.
- There is a new enemy that some may have a legit fear of in real life; The Arachnid. The Arachnid is an enemy that can crawl along the walls and ceilings, along with laying eggs to spawn in more spiders. After laying the eggs the Arachnid will be able to leap at the player. These are super tricky enemies to make perfect, so expect a couple of issues with them.
- There is a now a "webbed" status effect, which can currently only be applied through an Arachnid dying. This status effect completely prohibits movement, and limits your camera sensitivity. This doesn't last for terribly long though.
- There is a new Spider Egg item. This item will spawn spider hatchlings to leap at nearby enemies when you kill an enemy.
- There are visual hand models for the player now. You can turn them on and off, and change the skin tone in the new options menu.
- New health display for the player. This is mostly for my own sanity; up until now, it's been the default slider UI element from the Unity engine. It's got a couple of nice visual effects.
- More camera control while climbing ladders. In addition to this, jumping from a ladder will now propel you backwards, and upwards more.
- Wisps now have more Knockback Absorption Rate(KAR), the blue wisps will be more in your personal space now.
- 2 new music pieces; One to replace the old town theme, and the other is played when you fight Terror.
- Bug fixes and some optimization.
If you're curious about the game, consider joining the discord and talk to me about it!
Thanks for checking this out.