Major update with new settings in all categories. Multiplayer and Crew VS Monster modes have been developed to full functionality. A lot of gamemode and level generation settings have been added. Also contains some improvements upon other previous features as well as bug fixes.
Monstrum Extended Settings Mod V3.0 (Partiality) — 31.08.2021
* Monster Settings
- Force Many Monsters Mode
- Persistent Monster
- Seer Monster
- Brute Chase Speed Buff
- Fiend Door Teleportation
* Gamemode Settings
- Developed Multiplayer and Crew VS Monster modes to full functionality. There are still some additional features and bug fixes planned for future versions. Adding these into this version would have delayed its release even further and all the non-multiplayer features that have much fewer bugs.
> The modes are still local multiplayer, but external programs such as Parsec can be used to play local games with friends.
> Each monster has a unique ability that a monster player can use.
> The effects, active time and cooldown time of each ability can be customised.
> Split-screen or multiple displays may be used for the multiplayer. Multiple displays mode requires both displays to use the same resolution and the use multiple displays option to be enabled.
> A new audio system allows for the audio from all players to be played. This is performance heavy and may play audio incorrectly at times, so a setting has been included that switches the audio changes off. This will only play the audio for the first player, but will play everything as normal with no performance cost.
> The AI can be given control over the monster by the monster player or by default with a setting. This allows for the monster to be spectated without any player input.
- Randomiser Mode
- Glowstick Hunt
- Custom Doors Mode
- Lightly Locked Doors
- Scavenger Mode
- Death Countdown
- Item Monster Frenzy & Extra Chaotic IMF
- Monster Spawn Speedrun
* Player Settings
- Player Stamina Mode
- Unlock Player Head
* Level Generation Settings
- Spawn Deactivated Items
- Overpowered Steam Vents
- Unbreakable Pit Traps
- Add Additional Crew Deck Building
- Use Deck Four On Submersible Side
- Extend Lower Decks
- Spawn Additional Engine Room Workshops & Aggressive Workshop Spawning
- Number Of Corridors To Cargo Hold From Deck Three
- Reduce Normal Number Of Corridors To Cargo Hold
- Lengthened Cargo Hold Corridors
- Shortened Cargo Hold Corridors
- Add Lower Deck Next To Engine Room & Number Of Corridors To Cargo Hold From New Lower Deck
- Add Deck Zero
- Shuffled Regions & Crazy Shuffle
- Extend Map & Extend Map Additively
- Increase Map Size
- Increase Room Counts & Include Unique Rooms In Count Change
- Change Key Item Spawn Numbers
- Allow Key Items To Not Spawn At All
- Diverse Item Spawns
- Spawn Items Anywhere
* Item Settings
- Infinite Fire Extinguisher Fuel
- Flare Lifetime
- Spawn With Flare Gun
- Overpowered Flare Gun
- Flares Disable Monsters
- Infinite Flashlight Power
- Infinite Fuel Can Fuel & Fire Duration Multiplier
- Monster Compass
- Spawn With Objective Items (Useful for practising speedrunning)
* Colour & Light Settings
- Light Range
- Random Glowstick Colours
* Utility Settings:
- Disable Monster Particles
- Monster Radar
- Glowstick Radar
- Player Stamina Mode Stamina Text
- Player Region Node Text
- No jump cooldown (moon jumping) in debug mode.
- Better menu skip that is more optimised and only skips on startup.
- Reformatted settings file.
- Fuse boxes with starting fuses will not be switched on at the start of a round if Dark Ship Mode is active.
- Changed the naming of the mod dll file so that in development versions shared on Discord can replace the stable versions without renaming the dll or setting up the mod again. This requires any old V2.X versions to be removed before installing V3+ versions.
- Improved the readme and updated its guidance to include a newer version of Partiality.
- Partially used and unused code has been added as framework for additional multiplayer features and monster types.
- Added loading progress text that shows which stage of level generation the game is at and whether an error has occurred. Not all stages are covered and not all have error notifications. Those that don't are listed with "[No Error Notifications]".
- Fixed disabled monsters notice appearing without debug mode active.
- Fixed Many Monsters Mode Fiend Mind Attack implementation.
- Fixed potential incorrect reading of the Pre-Filled Fuse Boxes option by renaming it to All Pre-Filled Fuse Boxes.
- Fixed a custom FOV setting being reset to the vanilla range when first accessing the slider in the menu or in a round.
- Stopped invincibility mode being switched off by code if a game was started with it or it was switched on in a round using the debug mode key bind.