You will find better information on the readme. Install: Put your DATA folder over a MechCommander Darkest Hours 4.2 working portable install (standalone free and legal mechcommander mod by rizzen) Fresh installs are better. If you had the Vault Lostech Alpha 0.1 there before this may not work. It may, but I cannot guarantee it. Over a fresh install it will surely work. Overwrite everything, you should be prompted after puting the DATA folder there. Changes for this version: (Cosmetic) - Larger menues for the first recorded time in 22 years of mechcommander. Patented method. - New and completely cool (or hot...) menu image - Started putting Clan weapon schematics "backward" so they are more identifiable at a glance in the buy list. (bugfixes) - The weapons in the list will now display properly, not some mixed at the end - Many weapons were fixed (Balance) - Weapon values tweaked (Gameplay general) - Strategic map is always revealed now + 30 new weapons and new Mech loadouts!
- Strategic map is always revealed now, as you can look at it at mission start anyways.
[This is a test change that may be reverted later. I hear opinions]
-- This doesn't include enemies just terrain features in minimap.
- Added over 30 new weapons including HAG, iATM, AP Gauss, Plasma Cannon, etc.
- Modified Awesome variants including new weapons (Awesome J? has 2 Heavy PPC and 1 Snub Nose)
- Modified Loki variants with new weapons
- Modifier Thor variants with new weapons
- Tuned loadouts on some Clan mechs
- Converted some vehicles to alt weapon and special configurations
- Added Rocket Launcher 20 and ammo truck now uses it
-- Changed crew so it can fire
- Plasma cannon doesn't consume ammo even though it should
- Most new weapons still use a placeholder image when on inventory
- Many of the new weapons can't be gotten ingame since they weren't added to any loadout yet
- Vehicles should be able to fix or ammo fill other vehicles.