This package is for Newbs and those too Lazy to put everything together every new version. It includes the latest version of Dwarf Fortress, Graphics, and the best compatible Utilities! It has a graphical interface that lets you change Settings, Graphics, Aquifers, Exotics, Keybindings, Run utilities, and more! The utilities and graphics in this pack are NOT made or supported by Bay 12 Games. This requires that Microsoft .NET 3.5 be installed.
This package is designed for Newbs and for those who are too Lazy to put everything together whenever a new version comes out. Includes the latest version of Dwarf Fortress, Graphics, and all the best compatible Utilities! To make things simple, once you download the pack make shortcuts to the programs you want to use. You do not need to use the included version of Dwarf Fortress. As long as you use a supported version, all the utilities in the pack should work! This is great if you want to play with a vanilla install or your own brew of mods!
Utilities and graphics included in this pack are NOT made or officially supported by Bay 12 Games.
+ Dwarf Fortress v0.31.18 Windows SDL w/Sound
+ Phoebus Graphics 31.18v02
+ Ironhand's Graphics v0.494
+ Mayday's Graphics 31.18
- Replaces ASCII with a pleasant graphical tileset. Easily switch between sets! Phoebus installed by default.
+ Lazy Newb Settings v2.5.bat
- Changes Graphics, Aquifers, Keybindings and Settings!
+ NoExotic tool (.exe in DF folder)
- Run this to allow you to tame all animals without a dungeon master!
+ Laptop Keybinds
+ Custom Embark Profiles
+ Economy Disabled by default
+ Custom World Gen
- Lazy Newb World: Peaceful, small world, much less scary Hidden Fun Stuff, generally fewer Z levels.
- To use this you must select "Design New World with Advanced Parameters" and then "Lazy Newb World".
Compatible with 31.18
+ DFHack v0.5.1
- Minor utilities and hacks: vein digger, map reveal, etc. Read readme and use at your own risk.
+ Fortress Overseer v0.27
- Cool 3D Fort Visualizer!
+ IsoWorld v0.9
- An Isometric world map viewer.
+ World Viewer v2.0.10 (UPDATED RECENTLY!)
- View history and information generated during world gen.
+ Soundsense r22
- A sound engine for dwarf fortress
+ Perfect World DF v1.4
- Create your own customized worlds (Manual included)
+ Quickfort v1.11 and v2.00pre3
- Use spreadsheets to automatically designate large areas of your fort. Click link for help and resources.
- Converts images into spreadsheets which can be used with Quickfort.
Compatible with older versions
+ (31.16) Stonesense Slate - Download Latest Memory.xml for partial 31.18 compatibly
- See your fortress in isometric 3D. Can (f)ollow along with your DF window.
+ (31.16) Runesmith
- Hack and modify your dwarfs. Use at your own risk.
+ (31.??) Dwarf Fortress Prospector
- Tells you how many rocks and minerals your current embark has. Includes info and pictures.
+ (31.12) Dwarf Foreman
- Tool to automatically dispatch jobs to your workers.
+ Full List of Community Mods and Utilities
+ Bentgirder, a pre-generated world and tutorial! (Incompatible with 31.18?)
+ Mouse Fortress - Mouse-based user interface for dwarf fortress
+ Display Case Mod - Put your artifacts where dwarves can appreciate them