Homeworld: Conquest v. 0.1005 Note: this mod should be installed fresh, do not install the files on top of a previous version.
(22 January 2017: Updated to version 0.1005)
Homeworld Conquest 0.1005 for Stellaris 1.9.*
This is a work-in-progress total conversion for Stellaris 1.9. Any feedback on bugs, balance, etc is helpful.
* Shipsets and prescripted empires for the Homeworld races: Kushan, Taiidan, Hiigaran, Vaygr, Kadesh, Turanic Raiders, Somtaaw, Beast, Keepers
* Beast and Keepers are hive mind and machine empire, respectively. Included secondary versions of those empires for those lacking the DLCs.
* Most vanilla ship sections have been replaced by Homeworld versions.
Ship sizes now refer to the following ship sections:
Corvette -> Light Frigate (non-canon), Support Frigate, Torpedo Frigate
Destroyer -> Assault Frigate, Drone Frigate, Hive Frigate
Cruiser -> Ion Canon Frigate / Heavy Missile Frigate
Battleship -> Homeworld Destroyer
* New ship classes: Carrier, Capital Ship, Dreadnaught, Sajuuk, Mothership
* New strikecraft in two tiers: Fighters and Corvettes (not yet balanced!)
* Ship behavior adjusted to be closer to Homeworld ship behavior.
* Most missiles are torpedo slot only and both ignore and are ignored by point defense fire.
* Most vanilla ship components have been replaced by Homeworld versions, including weapons.
* Most vanilla ship-related technologies have been replaced by Homeworld versions.
Many techs are species-unique, but most of those can be reverse engineered.
Added custom Homeworld traits that provide access to racial techs. These traits cost no points, but are mutually exclusive.
* Custom systems and system clusters based on levels from the Homeworld games.
Some systems contain unique Homeworld megastructures. Some of these can be "restored" to produce science or minerals.
Added one buildable megastructure, the Research Station, which requires an associated technology to build.
Replaced most non-DLC space monsters and fallen empire ships with Homeworld ships.
* Integrated system scale changes. Ship visual sizes, combat speed, and weapon ranges reduced to compensate.
* Added Homeworld voices and sounds. Ship voices are taken from Deserts of Kharak to add variety.
* Added selected Homeworld and Deserts of Kharak music.
* Custom start menu graphics.
* Conflicts with other mods and major Paradox updates are extremely likely.
* I'm not a skilled Maya user and did the ships through trial and error. Some ships have graphical issues, and the new ships don't have proper Specular and Bump maps. I may fix this sometime in the future.
* AI has not been properly coded to use the new content; playing at a higher difficulty may be preferable.
* Changes to components, tech tree etc may be unbalanced. I will consider making balance changes based on feedback.
* Please feel free to point out any gameplay, balance, graphics, crashing, or other issues and I will try to fix them if I have time.
* Bentus is not an included race because they have very few ships. I may implement them in the future.
* Feel free to repost this anywhere as long as you give me credit.
* Feel free to use parts of this for another mod as long as you give me credit, and are willing to let me do the same with your mod.
* Feel free to make compatibility patches, language patches, mini-mods, etc.
* All Homeworld-related graphics, text, and audio is probably the property of the copyright holders and I am not profiting from this in any way. It's a labor of love!
INSTALLATION (non-steam workshop):
users\(your user name)\documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris\mod